Newbie Owner

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Devaraj

Club Guest
hi guys and gals.....I've been reading the forums for a year now....gotta say its probably the best source of info on the web for car enthusiasts, and thanks to all your posts and opinions, I'm finally going to be joining the Z4 club :) Will be picking up the car in a week or two, 06' Black Jap SpecsA few things came to mind....1. Do you insure your soft tops separately? Which company does it? I called Kurnia and they said it comes under the general car insurance, but I want to confirm this. Quotes from various mechanics i got to replace the soft top are in the vicinity of 6-8 k (ouch)2. What alarm system would you guys recommend? With the soft top, im guessing there's not much you can do if someone wants to steal ur radio. Which alarm system is best to stop your car from getting stolen? (pretty unlikely though seeing that roadsters are not easily disposable), but I will be investing in a steering lock.3. Thirdly, I wanted to re-do the leather in the car and I've called a couple of the recommended leather shops in this forum, but there is not alot of difference between a quote for a sedan and roadster....logically, shouldnt the price to re-do leather for a roadster be much cheaper? (2-seater compared to 4-seater)4. Same issue for tinting....quote for a 2-door is almost the same as a 4-door....sighhhh, everyone wants to make a buck :( the excuse they gave me is "its classified as a sports car".......zzzz5. Btw, its my first time buying recond, is it normal that you have to pay the downpayment, wait for 3-4 days for them to pay the duties, and then only get the car? Anyways....good to meet u guys, call me for a TT anytime.RegardsDevaraj

..welcome maaaaaaannn...im happy to see some Z'ers ready to act.. :)

Top Bottom