• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jarance;639985 said:
iceman, there is nothing much you can do if your company is monitoring your computer.

Until the site admin have found a solution, you can either follow:-
1. pardypeople solution - mark forum read + new post + "here (get daily)"
2. Log out and log in method.

sir jarance

any updates on this matter .... i'm still with the OLD config and can't seem to get all the new post ... i know that you've given the easiest way up there , but i'm unable to do so ...

HOPE you can look into this matter ASAP ....

ICEMAN 13;648187 said:
sir jarance

any updates on this matter .... i'm still with the OLD config and can't seem to get all the new post ... i know that you've given the easiest way up there , but i'm unable to do so ...

HOPE you can look into this matter ASAP ....

iceman, there is no new solution. Sorry cant help you as this is the standard "feature/flaw" of the present VBulletine version.

jarance;648244 said:
iceman, there is no new solution. Sorry cant help you as this is the standard "feature/flaw" of the present VBulletine version.

bro that's exteremly SAD when it comes to a dead stop " sorry i can't help" ...i still hope there's room for solution towards this "feature/flaw" which is somehow very much un user friendly ...

why then we migrate from the old interface to this new one which had such kindda "feature/flaw" ....??

i still hope you guys out there could solve this matter ..

ICEMAN 13;648258 said:
bro that's exteremly SAD when it comes to a dead stop " sorry i can't help" ...i still hope there's room for solution towards this "feature/flaw" which is somehow very much un user friendly ...

why then we migrate from the old interface to this new one which had such kindda "feature/flaw" ....??

i still hope you guys out there could solve this matter ..

The problem is not with the forum VB Bulletine. It is your company server and policy.
Most company server do not encourage the employee to use the internet for social networking.
In fact, most company will block facebook, twitter, peer to peer site, bitorrent site to prevent
bandwidth usage.

jarance;648278 said:
The problem is not with the forum VB Bulletine. It is your company server and policy.
Most company server do not encourage the employee to use the internet for social networking.
In fact, most company will block facebook, twitter, peer to peer site, bitorrent site to prevent
bandwidth usage.

datuk jarance .... if server matter , i would not be able to see nor log into BMWclubmalaysia...

it;s all about the "NEW POST" button thinggy ...why the previous one had no issue ...infact it's not only me that's facing but there are several others out there too ...

Daiichi;643083 said:
Jarance, any setting guides for people using ipad to log on?

Daiichi, this is for you

Bookmark the main of BMWCM first
65ac0919.png

Hit save
8582a4ac.png

Copy the today post link, by touching and hold on it
7be621ce.png

Edit the bookmark link to the link you just copied

Touch bookmark then edit
6eb9c8b6.png

Then tap on BMWCM
4239cc9b.png

Delete old URL
44ae0eb4.png

Paste copied one
92e8f759.png

Done
58b1330b.png

Go back and done
4239cc9b.png

Sorry, too much time at hand. But should do it in landscape.. Oh well

Cheers

ICEMAN 13;648294 said:
datuk jarance .... if server matter , i would not be able to see nor log into BMWclubmalaysia...

it;s all about the "NEW POST" button thinggy ...why the previous one had no issue ...infact it's not only me that's facing but there are several others out there too ...

Tom;584211 said:
Jarance, thanks for guide.
the search function is indeed not working at the moment while the search listings are being recompiled.
thanks for the patience :)

ICEMAN 13;584316 said:
dear tom ...the old one we had ...click the quick link and todays post ..we will see all the post for todays for a few pages ..

the new one ...ummm ain't working ...each time click todays post i would only see 1~3 topic only OR only a single page display shows ....

hope you can see on this matter too ...

TQ

Tom;584419 said:
hi blackcat, can you tell me the screen resolution you're currently running on?

can you try the "what's new" button or "new post" after logging out as well as when logging back in?
the new post function seems to be working nicely

anyone else facing this problem? and can you describe your browsing pattern? as in how often do you access in a day?

ICEMAN 13;584424 said:
when logged out and click on the "what's new" button , i'll get an array of thread and also thread pages line up from the current post to the oldest ... but upon logging in and click on " what's new" i get a array of 5 rows of threads and NO thread pages line up from the current post to the oldest ....

when not logged the what's new is working pretty as the old one ...but upon logging in i'm facing the problem as mentioned ...

Based on the above, it seem the site admin have address to your issue.

jarance;648314 said:
Based on the above, it seem the site admin have address to your issue.

1st issue YES and nope on the 2nd issue

the 1st issue was that the array of pages did not show on the new post ...only showed several post title .. problem solved and showed the array

2nd issue is that "CURRENTLY FACING " as posted above " when replying to a topic and then click on the new post , the updated post will dissapear and will once pop up if some1 bump that particular thread "

it's something that you've posted previously " get daily " sort of configuration ....

why can't the "NEW POST" gets the daily postings ...

cheers

ICEMAN 13;648323 said:
1st issue YES and nope on the 2nd issue

the 1st issue was that the array of pages did not show on the new post ...only showed several post title .. problem solved and showed the array

2nd issue is that "CURRENTLY FACING " as posted above " when replying to a topic and then click on the new post , the updated post will dissapear and will once pop up if some1 bump that particular thread "

it's something that you've posted previously " get daily " sort of configuration ....

why can't the "NEW POST" gets the daily postings ...

cheers

please address this issue again with tom who is the site admin if the issue is not resolve.

Sorry if this is not the place to say something but I have been a webmaster since 2004 and have done numerous vb install and tweak. May I know what is the problem? Just to see if I can be a help.

jarance;648334 said:
please address this issue again with tom who is the site admin if the issue is not resolve.

dear jarance ...

i believe you've " committee " too had address this matter to TOM and the reply was as below

bro, this is the inherent problem of the program installed by tom.

It was address previously by him but the solution is not 100% perfect.

Have alrady given up asking tom so I write my own script. Do you use firefox browser? If you do, I can teach you how to write or create the bookmark.

well how can " OM " give up on such matter whereby the previous platform was perfectly fine without any problems ...

look like worthless if issues as such is not being rectified ... la la la la la

Astronyu;648338 said:
Sorry if this is not the place to say something but I have been a webmaster since 2004 and have done numerous vb install and tweak. May I know what is the problem? Just to see if I can be a help.

Astronyu ...great innitiative and thanks for the help offer bro .... as this matter is in great hands of the forum administrator/committee , i think there is no way some1 could touch it as it may require certain passwords etc etc ....

once again TQ ...

Astronyu;648338 said:

Thank for your help.

1. The problem is the New Post vs Daily Post feature. When you log in, the icon for "today post" become "what new" post.

2. Most people like to have "Today Post" as to keep in touch with the current posting of today (24 hours)
When you click on "what new" all unread posting will be shown since you last log in. However, when you read
or click the "new" posts, it will flagged that you have "read" it. when you click on the "what new", it will automatically
filter the thread that been read/click by you until somebody else do a new posting in that particular thread.

3. Some company does not allow the employee to write script for IE browser. This made it impossible to overcome the
problem with reflashing the page with "daily posting".

4. Previous platform have "Daily Post" in the log in page but the present platform doe not have it.
The "daily post" is replace with the icon "what new"

Appreciate some feedback on how to modify the script. Thanks.

1. The problem is the New Post vs Daily Post feature. When you log in, the icon for "today post" become "what new" post.
Because that is the way vbulletin forum works. "today's post" is basically meant for forum guest/unregistered while "what's new" or "new post" (both the same) is meant for registered user.
The easiest way to fix this issue is to add a new link (today's post) in forum breadcrumb. The link that you will need for that new link will be

Code:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post/

2. Most people like to have "Today Post" as to keep in touch with the current posting of today (24 hours)
When you click on "what new" all unread posting will be shown since you last log in. However, when you read
or click the "new" posts, it will flagged that you have "read" it. when you click on the "what new", it will automatically
filter the thread that been read/click by you until somebody else do a new posting in that particular thread.
Like explain above, the good way to fix this is to add another link (even can change link color) in your breadcrumb.

3. Some company does not allow the employee to write script for IE browser. This made it impossible to overcome the
problem with reflashing the page with "daily posting".
If you don't want to add another link as shown above, you can also log into admin area, chose to create another category or forum and then linked that category or forum to
Code:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post
That will sort things up. So, the only thing that user need to do to see daily post is to click on that link. Voila!

4. Previous platform have "Daily Post" in the log in page but the present platform doe not have it.
The "daily post" is replace with the icon "what new"
See above

Hope that's help.

**Just a curiosity, does this site use a branded free vbulletin script?

astronyu,

thank for your constructive comment. what you are saying is that the new post and daily post is a standard feature.

I am not a site admin so please pardon me if I ask a newbie question.
1. what is the terminology for "breadcrumb" in VB sense?
2. and what is branded free vbulletin script?

Our forum have been handed well over the last 7 years with 2 or 3 upgrades.

No problem. Yes, those are standard feature.

1. breadcrumb whether in vb script or any other script is the navigational links just below the header. You have
Code:
    Forum
        Private Messages
        FAQ
        Calendar
        Community
        Forum Actions
        Quick Links
    What's New?
and can edit the file to add more links to it.

2. The very common thing that people do when looking at vbulletin forum is to see if it has the copyrighted footer on the bottom of the site as this what differentiate the legal script and nulled script. But sometimes big boards or corp do buy branded free version as they can put anything or not at all on the footer.
Usual copyrighted script shows these on the footer:
Code: