new player

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eau-rouge

Club Guest
hi guys..which cd player is the best?sony?alpine?clarion?kenwood?the one with best sound quality..not too bassy n too sharp..looking for a single deck..thanks

Wow,

This one's hard but to my humble ears, these are some of the best decks I've heard so far ... cost being no object, of course !!!

1. Clarion HX-D1 and HX-D2
2. McIntosh MX-406 / MX-5000 + processor
3. Nakamichi MB 100 + processor / Nakamichi CD-700 MKII
4. Alpine CDA-7990 aka F1 HU and CD-7998R plus a host of their ol school decks from the 90's
5. Sony CDX-C90 with XDP-4000 processor
6. Pioneer ODR / DEX-P9R / DEX-P90R + processors
7. Denon DCT-1 / DCT-A1 / DCT-100 / DCT-Z1
8. Eclipse 8-series decks .... I've got one and she's a keeper!
9. And more

But seriously, it would all boil down to budget and the type of install that you're aiming for as well as your personal preference in terms of look, sound quality and user-menu. Perhaps if you could share some more info, we could provide you with some options. Each of the brands that you've mentioned produce some decent decks so finding one should not be so hard. But remember that the end results are also dependent on the rest of the equipment and instalation as well.

Cheers,

I believe the combination is crucial, depend on the music you are playing.

For single deck player, I will go for Alpine..

im a universal listner..i play all kind of songs.u name it,rock,pop,jazz,classic..except dangdut..hehe.my budget is around 800 for the player and speaker..if can get a player that can support mp3,why not..

thanks

If your budget is RM 800 for the whole thing (speakers + HU + installation), it will be tough getting a reasonable Alpine HU.

Originally posted by ALBundy@May 9 2006, 09:30 AM
If your budget is RM 800 for the whole thing (speakers + HU + installation), it will be tough getting a reasonable Alpine HU.
Sorry to hijack... Bundy.. you should hear the sound coming out of your ancient Alpine player now. And all the buttons work :yahoo:

That being said, I don't anyone could ever go wrong with an Alpine!

eau-rouge... set a budget. Then maybe the sifus can help.

take alpine..

you can try to go to KF audio in aman suria.

they are very familiar with BMW's setup.

i did mine there ...

my budget is 800 for HU and speakers(back only)..just a simple system..for relaxing during traffic jam..hehe

Originally posted by ALBundy@May 9 2006, 10:52 AM
But Rm 800 for an Alpine HU and speakers, a little tough...unless the really low end Alpine HU which I have seen at KF audio, model 7859-RB or something. That also cost more than RM 500 I think, what else with installation and speakers.
in that case,1k

you can also check out JS audio in sunway... a couple of shops next to hup soon (tires/rim shop)...

ask jacky if he can gipp you a good deal. :wink:

Yeah, if you can't go for the newer Alpine 981x or 983x models, the older 7892/3/4 R/RB are just as good. Made in Nippon still and are real hardy players that wud last for a long time. Used unts shud go around RM 650-800 which leaves you with some dosh still for a pair of 2 way speakers at the back.

P/S - RHI ..... that Ah Lian may sell her Naka deck if the price is rite !!! Hahahaha !

Cheers,

Top Bottom