CD Player for E34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Vanquish@Jan 22 2005, 12:49 AM
Fox,

Will check around and get back to ya. Not many shops dare to work on Nakas. What's wrong with it, Bro ? Your location, pls ?

Cheers.
Vanquish,

thank you for helping me. i am from puchong.

regards

Great. My HQ is in Puchong too. Will give you a buzz when I am heading up the next time. Will revert with the HU repair contact.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Vanquish@Jan 22 2005, 01:17 AM
Great. My HQ is in Puchong too. Will give you a buzz when I am heading up the next time. Will revert with the HU repair contact.

Cheers.
thanks dude.. here's my number 012-299-9580.

regards

i changed my cd player to a Panasonic. although i'm not into hi fidelity stuff, the new player sounds much better, plus it plays mp3 and wma as well.

Cost $670

Hey Crusher,

Congrats on your new purchase and enjoy the music, mate. Which Pana model did you pick up ? Just curious ... thanks.

VaN.

Of course it's working, de !!! Crusher just bought himself a new HU. Cud be an amp or front speaker upgrade after this ... so keep da racun flowing !!! Hehehehehe !!!

BTW, have you decided to keep the Vals on or is that Eton Pro still in consideration ? Just curious, Bro.

Cheers.

Van,

Not sure lah. The Valeraines are not bad after all after a week of running in. The tweets are beginning to sound softer now. However, I believe the designer of the Vals wanted users to fully utilize its active crossover and not use anything else because the whole system was constructed based on the tolerances set.

For example, while running active from my own HU, the sound is quite good. But, I can't really push it. On some songs I can hear that the sound is a bit loose, especially in the mid-bass. Looks like the midbass was constructed to only work to a certain limit and has to roll-off abruptly, thus the slope set at 24db on the supplied crossover. I had set mine on 12db but I can hear the sound looser on certain songs in the midbass range.

The tweeters also felt the same. 24db slope again had to be used if I wanted to get decent sound.

Overall, this is a good performer, especially for the price.

What's my verdict? I am going to try out the Eaton Pros next week.

Anybody want to try out these Valeraines? It's selling at RM599 and had only been used for a week (except for the crossover which is not used in my setup). Make an offer. Be warned, you need to have at least 4 channels to run this system (50Watts RMS or above recommended).

BTW, I love my dancing dolphin HU. :D So, I'm keeping it. Haha. The animation is never on anyway.

I keep dreaming of a 6.5" on my door panel. Adoi... This poison is backfiring on me. :p :p

Originally posted by affan66@Jan 28 2005, 11:40 PM

BTW, I love my dancing dolphin HU. :D So, I'm keeping it. Haha. The animation is never on anyway.

I keep dreaming of a 6.5" on my door panel. Adoi... This poison is backfiring on me. :p :p

Ahem,

Your dancing dolphin HU is an exceptional SQ oriented HU. Onboard E-cross, EQ and DTA makes it a very good platform to start with. Those pesky animations can always be switched off, ma ..

Somehow, the Vals seems to present a fuller and balanced sound with their active e-cross hooked up. Another IASCA guys tried running them without the e-cross and his findings / comments were similar to yours.

Did I see the phrase "6.5 inch mid driver" somewere in your post ? Like the Dyna or Focals or DLS or Etons maybe ? Or can I tempt your with some raw drivers from Scan or Vifa or SEAS or even the elusive Skaaning ?

Cheers Bro.

Affan,

Thought I'd tempt you with some Danish butter cookies ... The Dynas for your eyes .....

And of course, my babies ... still saving up for them .. The Revelators from Scan Speak.

The Tweets - aka The Ring Radiator tweets

R2904/700000

Characteristic sensitivity (2.83V / 1m) : 94.5 dB
Recommended frequency range : 2 - 40 kHz
Free air resonance frequency, fs : 520 Hz
DC resistance, Re : 3.0 ohm
Voice coil inductance, Le : 0.01 mH
Effective piston area, Sd : 5.6 cm²
Moving mass incl. air, md : 0.30 g
Force factor, BL : 2.8 Tm
Excursion, lin./max. : ±0.20 / ±1.6 mm
Voice coil diameter : 25 mm
Rated power handling : 160 W (12 dB/oct.
cross-over at 2.5 kHz)
Net weight : 0.42 kg

And the much revered Revelator mid units ..

18W/4531G00

Characteristic sensitivity (2.83V / 1m) : 90 dB
Recommended frequency range : 33 - 5000 Hz
Free air resonance frequency, fs : 33 Hz
DC resistance, Re : 3.4 ohm
Voice coil inductance, Le : 0.3 mH
Effective piston area, Sd : 150 cm²
Moving mass incl. air, md : 17.5 g
Mechanical loss, Rm : 0.7 Ns/m
Force factor, BL : 5.7 Tm
Equivalent volume, Vas : 42 ltr.
Mechanical Q-factor, Qms : 5.2
Electrical Q-factor, Qes : 0.38
Total Q-factor, Qts : 0.35
Excursion, lin./max. : ±6.5 / ±11 mm
Voice coil diameter : 38 mm
Rated power handling : 70 W
Net weight : 1.75 kg

Nice aah ? Drool away now.

Cheers.

And here's the Reference by Lotus SEAS.

RS165A / F set contains:

2 x RW165. 165mm High End Automotive Woofers.
2 x RT25A / F. 25mm High End Automotive Tweeters.
2 x RX1,7H High Pass Crossover.
2 x RX1,7L Low Pass Crossover.
2 x Lengths of Special O.F.C Tweeter Cable.
1 Pair of Handling Gloves.
1 Set of Mounting Hardware

Power handling: Max. 250W Nom. 100W.
Mounting depth: 71.5mm.
Cut out diameter: 145.3mm.
Frequency response: 40-25 000Hz.
Crossover frequency: 1700Hz.
Voice coil: 39mm.
Fs: 48Hz.
QTS: 0.42.
VAS: 15.0 litres.

Here's a picture of these Norwegian babies. BTW, I know the sole
distributor for these in M'sia .... just in case you're interested la ...

Cheers,

Originally posted by Vanquish@Jan 27 2005, 02:40 AM
Hey Crusher,

Congrats on your new purchase and enjoy the music, mate. Which Pana model did you pick up ? Just curious ... thanks.

VaN.
it's a CQ1000W

Top Bottom