Need Sifu- F10 Coolant leakage

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alfred@bmw528i

Dear all,

My f10 Coolant is keeping leaked just below the spare tank. The Coolant is out at the location just in front of my right front tyre.

Any idea for this?

Bro, just to be clear, the leaking accours on the driver side tyre, or passenger side?

Share ur model n year of make. For 6cyl models (well mine is), spare tank is on passenger side.

gendong said:
Bro, just to be clear, the leaking accours on the driver side tyre, or passenger side?

Share ur model n year of make. For 6cyl models (well mine is), spare tank is on passenger side.
Thanks for reply, bro...

My F10 is 2012 528i, 4 cyclinders, twin power turbo...

The leaking is occurring on my driver's side tyre....

Any recommendation or reliable workshop?

As long as it didn't leak below your expansion tank (spare tank), you are safe. Likely it is leakage at coolant hoses or connection points, else the problem might be more complicated than that. If you saw coolant traces near to expansion tank, it either your expansion tank cracked or excessive pressure in your expansion tank which force the coolant spill out through the overflow channel. You need to bring your engine to see doctor if it is the later.

BMWonder said:
As long as it didn't leak below your expansion tank (spare tank), you are safe. Likely it is leakage at coolant hoses or connection points, else the problem might be more complicated than that. If you saw coolant traces near to expansion tank, it either your expansion tank cracked or excessive pressure in your expansion tank which force the coolant spill out through the overflow channel. You need to bring your engine to see doctor if it is the later.
Thanks a lot.

My problem had been solved. it had been worried since it was leaking below expansion tank.

Then, finally it was found that my auxiliary radiator leaking. So, change it and problem was solved.

Really appreciate.

Top Bottom