Need professional Advice for E46 325i 2002

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

miras792000

Club Guest
I'm looking at E46 325i 2002. This my 1st time BMW, so i'm not sure wheather to buy it or not...anyone please comment. Your comment is much appreciated !

Hi there, welcome to our forum. First and foremost, i'm not a pro..just trying to share my experience here..hehe..

In line-6 bmw engine is good I must say..U need to check for

1. electronics/sensors failure (if there's any indicator shown) get it diagnosed with proper tools
2. damaged wear and tear parts (need a test drive)
3. mechanical parts e.g window regulators etc..test all power window switches
4. smoke from the exhaust (indication of warped head gaskets etc)
5. body paint, leather seat and upholstery etc..

U have to test drive the car to get the feel and bring any BMW mech to help u. If u feel the car is right, make necessary calculations on the cost of repairs after u buy it. I personally like to send it for repair myself than done by the dealer. Then, haggle for the best price which suits your pocket. i never regret owning 3 straight 6-models until today...
Just my 0.002 cents MYR...cheers

JFT63;690829 said:
Hi there, welcome to our forum. First and foremost, i'm not a pro..just trying to share my experience here..hehe..

In line-6 bmw engine is good I must say..U need to check for

1. electronics/sensors failure (if there's any indicator shown) get it diagnosed with proper tools
2. damaged wear and tear parts (need a test drive)
3. mechanical parts e.g window regulators etc..test all power window switches
4. smoke from the exhaust (indication of warped head gaskets etc)
5. body paint, leather seat and upholstery etc..

U have to test drive the car to get the feel and bring any BMW mech to help u. If u feel the car is right, make necessary calculations on the cost of repairs after u buy it. I personally like to send it for repair myself than done by the dealer. Then, haggle for the best price which suits your pocket. i never regret owning 3 straight 6-models until today...
Just my 0.002 cents MYR...cheers

Very well said my fren...

bro miras...

same goes to me...i just bought E46 325i 2004 recently....before close the deal, i send the car to the one of mechanic recomended by alex5522...
better you check carefully....normally 2nd hand car looks nice in the showroom...dealer will do anythings to cover the defect....after few weeks, the truth will reveal...so get a good mechanic to check....good luck..

Dear all, specially JFT63...Thanks for the comment, its really help....i've went to M speed (ah Ming) to do inspection for tat car....he charge me rm100...he told me there's nothing with the engine & gear box default during diagnosis...but a problem with the engine mounting, 1 side right arm, font & rear brake 50%, heard some noise from the Gab shock absorber and some wear & tear la.....does the car worth RM63K? Body paint need to be done, tire need to change ( 245/45/R18 ), also ah Ming ask me to service the absorbers......Any comment?

e46 325i year 2002 for RM63k is a good buy. However to re-confirm year of manufacture, get the 7 digit VIN number and check it here..www.realoem.com. M-Speed Ah Meng is usually accurate with his diagnosis and if you are keen on this car, do put aside RM10K to RM12K for repairs including paint job and tires.

I agree with bro herbert 63k is a very good buy indeed ... Any pics of the car?

The car looks exactly like this....>
19_MSport.jpg
.......also thanks for all ur comments....i really like the feeling of the car.....especially the acceleration.....love the POWER of it.......

If this is the 1st time u drive BMW, the power is definitely amazing u, but don't conned by the power, the power is always there, car condition is different story. Dont under estimate BMW maintenance fee, u have to put aside some money for initial repair then u might safe later.

63k for 325i..That is waja price bro!

Bro bmw7833, how much do i really need to have in the standby repair bank? and wats the damage for the maintenance? wow sound so scary liao....

you r rite bro bmw7833....nothing but BMW.... and i think its time to dig up my piggy safe for the repairs....Thanks man....

miras792000;691093 said:
The car looks exactly like this....>
19_MSport.jpg
.......also thanks for all ur comments....i really like the feeling of the car.....especially the acceleration.....love the POWER of it.......

Power and handling, thats the ultimate driving pleasure that no other brand can offer..straight 6 is the way to go..treat her like your GF lah bro...heheh

bro JFT643, yeah no other brand can beat the ultimate driving pleasure (agreed) also the super high maintenance too....i wonder how much do i need to have in my pocket for this GF.....sure i'll love her coz she's my 1st love...LOL

miras792000;691703 said:
bro JFT643, yeah no other brand can beat the ultimate driving pleasure (agreed) also the super high maintenance too....i wonder how much do i need to have in my pocket for this GF.....sure i'll love her coz she's my 1st love...LOL

Maintenance wise, i dont really find it to be very high, or maybe I am a lucky owner..hehe..i allocated some RM for each year but finally end up with some mods.. In actual fact, i do not spend that much on her maintenance..no worries bro..

I bought my 2002, E46 325 Lifestyle on 2007 for a RM105K, then bring to Kranji S'pore halfcut shop, changed ori M Sport front n rear bumper, front seats n steering..nice..do the maintenance at BM Auto Garage at Permas Jaya, recently just change my gearbox..

WKQ19;691972 said:
I bought my 2002, E46 325 Lifestyle on 2007 for a RM105K, then bring to Kranji S'pore halfcut shop, changed ori M Sport front n rear bumper, front seats n steering..nice..do the maintenance at BM Auto Garage at Permas Jaya, recently just change my gearbox..

Very nice :top: ... How much did it cost you for the whole conversion? Any pics to share?

P/s: kindly do an intro in the newbie section bro so we can welcome you :4:

Top Bottom