Need help with getting new headlights for my E46 Ci

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Kilbreed

Club Guest
Hi guys,I recently got my hands on a E46 Ci and it came Retrofitted with HIDs on my standard halogen lamp. Unfortunately I got stopped by JPJ and need to go inspection by this Friday. Need some recommendation from the seniors here on what should I do. Removing the HID would end up being dull lights. Should I go for those eagle eye or Depo headlamps I see on lelong? Any way of getting these cheaper then lelong? Or is there somewhere I have not gone to get a wider choice, a specific shop maybe. Sorry if I sound dumb..but I am new with this car and also slightly busy with work to do some research on this. NEED ALL YOUR EXPERT HELP I can get before this friday's inspection!! sigh..:42:

Go to WRC Lamp @ Sunway (03) 5634-2201 and ask them to replace the HID with a temporary normal halogen bulb.

Yeah put back halogens for the mean time. Depending what kind of hack has been done, reversing back to halogen from HID can be messy.

Then find proper projector headlights to run HIDs, the halogen reflector bowl was designed for halogen beam. Putting HID in it would cause glare to other drivers, that's why you are stopped and sent for inspection I think.

Proper projector HID headlights can be found on the internet as well. You can check out my quad projector work in my signature, cheers.

I was once stopped by JPJ and this officer was examining my headlights . Mine was original factory fitted Xenon with projector other than the LED angel eyes, so no problem. Aidil is correct, go back to halogen first then find a proper projector HID later.

Awesome!! U guys are saviors! I will go and get it done immediately tmrw.

Herbert, how much would it cost to do this over there? If it is too costly, I might just get a set of eagle eyes.

Aidil, your light modification is sick dude! Is this even legal with JPJ? Unfortunately I am not even close to your standard of DIY capabilities and electrical knowledge. Ahem..can I pay u to get this done for myself?

Ian, does BMW have original factory fitted Xenons for my model? E46 ci yr2000? and how much damage would it bring to my wallet? :) If there is one and cheap, I might just get it to avoid getting hauled by JPJ blocks which I do encounter ever so often coming back from work in the mornings..sometimes even twice..one of the federal highway after the chinese school and one more entering LDP from federal highway (the old motorola factory)

Btw, is the 'Eagle Eyes' legal ? and good? Can't seem to find any threads on these lights..

Thanks y'all

Go to WRC and check out the details. Eagle Eyes or DEPO brands are all from Taiwan. Don't know the price for e46. If you do get either brand, ask for the headlights with projector lens.

Kilbreed;695151 said:
Aidil, your light modification is sick dude! Is this even legal with JPJ? Unfortunately I am not even close to your standard of DIY capabilities and electrical knowledge. Ahem..can I pay u to get this done for myself?

This should totally fine as I am not violating any regulations right..? This mod improves functionality and I've been stopped several times with no drama. Don't think I'll do this for anyone else as the work is nowhere perfect, you can use the DIY as a guide, cheers.

IMG_3573_G2.jpg

Top Bottom