NEED HELP! please....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

EvolutionGun

Club Guest
Greeting to all, Really need help from otai2 and all forumer here..... Is all about high fuel consumption of my friend that drive BMW E36 325 (auto) single VANOS, he get like 190MILES for RM95 (52liters) ......is that normal? Im not sure in KM because the meter show in Miles. Would appreciate any info on improving this matter..Thanks :rolleyes:

190 miles is almost 320 km per tank, i have been getting about 360-400 km per tank, but my travelling is about 50 city 50 highway. Whats his drive like? Driving style? The easiest and most effective thing to change to improve fc is your right leg!

Again, my mileage is with me thrashing the car on the highway bit, tak puas lagi!

190miles is 304km (1miles = 1.6km).
304km is very little.
Try some tune up for the car like:
1. new spark plugs
2. new fuel filter
3. new/clean air filter
4. check for vacuum leak
5. try a bottle of injectors cleaner (pour into fuel in gas tank)
6. get a repgromming for autobox

cheers :)

mikhail;425673 said:
190 miles is almost 320 km per tank, i have been getting about 360-400 km per tank, but my travelling is about 50 city 50 highway. Whats his drive like? Driving style? The easiest and most effective thing to change to improve fc is your right leg!

Again, my mileage is with me thrashing the car on the highway bit, tak puas lagi!

Just for city driving I think, modification made not much, just change the oem air filter to K&N open type filter

turbology;425674 said:
304km is very little.
1. new spark plugs
2. new fuel filter
3. new/clean air filter
4. check for vacuum leak

Hmmm......O.k...will let him know, thank you very much bro

Normally for petrol car, one tank of 45L to 65L of fuel can fetch your in a region of 300km to 600km, if diesel, its about 1.5k km :eek: Yes! 320d can do 1.8k km in a tank of diesel!!

45L is smaller car, so smaller CC. If you can only get 300km per tank, that means your FC is very high, very big cc car? very big wheels? terrible jam every day? faulty O2 sensor? Stationary a lot waiting for people? car seldom use (vaporised)?

.. and if you can get 600km per tank, a lot of people will envy u.. :wink:

turbology;425674 said:
304km is very little.
1. new spark plugs
2. new fuel filter
3. new/clean air filter
4. check for vacuum leak

Hi turbology...

how to re-programme autobox? im getting about 400-440kms on a full tank, 328.. mostly city driving.

cheers and tq
sach

I experience 280-300km per tank RM120 once before but after I have changed the O2 sensor, I got 430km per tank sometime 480km

Geoffreylee bring up the good point. O2 sensors need to be change too if 1. over 150,000km old or 2. over 10 years old

Sachseelan : I own a manual gearbox. But I was told AB or some mechanic can reprogram your automatic gearbox. So it shift smoother with better fuel efficiency.
And 400km-440km is really good with 4-speed autobox 328. My e36 325 get the same Fuel Consumption too.

As per Astroboy, changing your oil to 30 weight can improve FC too. :)

geoffreylee;425686 said:
I experience 280-300km per tank RM120 once before but after I have changed the O2 sensor, I got 430km per tank sometime 480km

I experience the same thing. Change my O2 sensor, everthing when back to normal.

The best thing is ask your friend to send his car for a diagnosis to find out the problem...

I'm sorry but what is O2 Sensor? Where is it located? Care to explain mOre...

Thank you... :)

how much is the O2 sensor ya?
thinking of having mine checks n if needed change... ;)

Top Bottom