Need help on E39 eksoz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Alex88

Club Guest
Hi Guys, My E39's centre eksoz need to be replace, already bocor! Went to Stugart to quote, RM2200 for 2nd hand unit - from manifold to the rear muffler. New set cost around RM5.5k. Need some advice where i can repair/replace with reasonable cost. Thanks in advance

bmw7833;352512 said:
Replace it with a straight pipe.

Would there be any loss of power or higher fuel consumption?
Any recommendations where i can send? Around PJ area..

TQ

Alex88;352505 said:
Hi Guys,

My E39's centre eksoz need to be replace, already bocor! Went to Stugart to quote, RM2200 for 2nd hand unit - from manifold to the rear muffler. New set cost around RM5.5k.

Need some advice where i can repair/replace with reasonable cost.

Thanks in advance

i had my e39 cats replaced at JFA Exhaust Sunway. Jaffar the owner managed to source a brand new e39 cats for me. Parts plus labour is around RM2100. You can contact Jaffar at 03 5637 0430 or 012 200 6235.

u can try checking out JFA or Ah Heng in Sunway. they can source it for you.

if buying new or second hand do confirm with the workshop if its an e39 cat or its actually some other cat for other cars.

Be careful, if you have O2 sensor on the CAT, depend on your model, removing the CAT away will be a disaster! Not only you will have poor combustion, high consumption, the car will start to behave "crazy".

Dear All,

Thanks for all the feedback.. I went to JFA last Saturday, but was too pack, so went to Everco down the road.

They quoted me RM680 for the new cat(local brand) and installs, after driving for few days, so far so good.. :)

Rgds,
Alex

I paid RM450 for used e39 cats. Been running it for almost 2 years now with no problems.

Guys,

What are the typical symptoms the cat is already damaged and need to be replaced?

zank;352747 said:
Be careful, if you have O2 sensor on the CAT, depend on your model, removing the CAT away will be a disaster! Not only you will have poor combustion, high consumption, the car will start to behave "crazy".

Kawan, ... but you are running without cat since day 1 without any problem what ... ....

JYazid;355205 said:
Kawan, ... but you are running without cat since day 1 without any problem what ... ....

Without cat??? Using dog arr?? kekeke

Straight pipe or after market centre box? Any diference on performance & fuel consumption?

i got a e39 523-530i original mid length exhaust for sale. original from factory, uncut, with good cats and 1 o2 sensor. anybody need it>? this was taken out from my car after a full supersprint installation.

JYazid;355205 said:

Mana boleh, kena ada, last time tried to remove that ugly CAT with a straight dog, and macam2 terjadi, poor combustion, smelly exhaust, unstable engine, etc, because my O2 sensor sit next to the CAT, I am sharing so no one will not try to be "smart" like me again..

If there is no O2 on the CAT, that will be ok, so check it out before you potong.. hehehe, my car is E39,528, 2000.

Since we discussing on E39 ekzos here. Would like to share my E39 M52B28 exhaust pic straight from manifold without any jointing. Notice that its different from 523 model. What if I want to remove the cat & replace wt aftermarket center box for better flow?
Bro Leforte, your exhaust system same like mine?

27092008417.jpg

Top Bottom