Need help~ No Start issue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DavE34

My car E34 M20B20 was recently face problem with no start issue. With search alot of information around internet, I do manage check few thing. But for me, still no luck.

What the thing i done?
1. CPS check with multimeter, and it show 525ohm
2. Fuel pump relay function
3. Fuel pump function even try with bypass fuel pump relay
4. Swap another fuel regulator
5. Remove AFM and let it start - no go
6. Main relay, no problem
7. Swap japanese car fuel pump - no go
8. Instrument no show engine check light
9. Swap with good battery - no go
10. Spark plug do spark
11. Injector seem received current and heard of tap tap sound

My suspect:
1. ECU fault? 0 261 200 172
2. CPS Sensor
3. pulse sensor tab at Plug cable (because i check with multimeter, found weird ohm reading), but do check with some expertises, they all say, it won't cause no start issue.

Your suggestion is very useful for me... if someone can lean me a help. I stay in Klang, anyway....

Regards
Dave

Hi all,
This morning, i just get an functional ECU to try swap.

End up, the car also remain no start situation. Hence it shouldn't be the ECU culprit already.

Now... I thinking to change the fuel filter and get it an try.. hopefully everything run after change... god bless~

Regards
Dave

Hi, today update:
After change fuel filter, i do found old filter seem dirty (dark black) fuel at inlet and the outlet seem clogged a bit (seem like fuel flow out not smooth) but output fuel are clean. Anyway, still no luck for today and still remain no start situation.

Front and rear fuse & relay all checked, and it function well.

Now seem no ideal what to check next already. Any suggestion?

Antiquer,
I don't think the starter were the issue, as the engine able to crank smoothly.

Regards
Dave

update:
I found an interesting article from online. It said... it might be a 50A Fuse in e-box was fault, and cause no start issue.
But when i open my eBox, i don't see it either... so... any suggestion on where it located?

Regards
Dave

moots said:
chg the crankshaft pos sensor
CPS i do check with multimeter, and it show correct ohm. Will it failed too, if the ohm reading is correct? Because according to Bentley Service Manual, if the ohm reading around 510 - 550 ohm, it should not be problem.

Update:
today I whole day was busy with daily work, and not yet time to done anything. Hopefully tomorrow i get something done... Cheers

Regards
Dave

Seem... i yet get any ideals... Now i decide to buy new CPS sensor from Bavarian Auto.
Hopefully it solve my problem. God bless~

Regard
Dave

DavE34 said:
Seem... i yet get any ideals... Now i decide to buy new CPS sensor from Bavarian Auto.
Hopefully it solve my problem. God bless~

Regard
Dave
Good luck..

Hi... new update:
Morning as before i going to buy the part... i do try start the car... guess what?
It started! Idle damn poor and squeecing sound... After check, found... My ISCV didn't install back on last repair...

Once i put the ISCV in, the car was not able to start already...

But when taking it off, and crank it... i seem able to start again... hence should it be my ISCV fault cause no start issue?

Regard
Dave

Dav...I know how you feel bro, really wanted to help but as like you, nothing much to offer in term of knowledge...(at some point, I think you know better than me)..you seem exhausted..I think its time to send the car to a mechanic.....regards

DavE34 said:
Thanks bro... how your E34?
Fine...just lately the gearbox start acting.....late engaged when reverse, but forward okey..most people says its a warning bell...

On the serious note....that what we lack in the forum nowadays...there are lesser technical guys to ask question...sometimes your inquiries will remain unanswered, no one responds....I really missed the old days....we have Pussy, Fab, Berg, Jules, Kev, Bundy, Jeff (just to name a few) and many more...these guys a walking dictionary, you could merely ask anything.....

anakin said:
On the serious note....that what we lack in the forum nowadays...there are lesser technical guys to ask question...sometimes your inquiries will remain unanswered, no one responds....I really missed the old days....we have Pussy, Fab, Berg, Jules, Kev, Bundy, Jeff (just to name a few) and many more...these guys a walking dictionary, you could merely ask anything.....
Yeah, I also missing them... i still waiting pussy, jeff, berg, fabian and kev over rescue...

Hey, anyone got M20's E34 running good condition? I just want to try swap AFM and ISCV...

Getting near now... Today update:
Once i remove the AFM from intake hose, and leave the connector in the AFM itself...

It able to start~ but with rough idling, and black smoke coming out from exhaust. Tried open wider the throttle, it seem same result...

Now i know my problem... It was flooded with fuel (too rich) therefore no start situation appeared..

Now i able to narrow down and guessing:
1. Fuel return hose get stucked, and forcing the fuel having higher pressure.
2. bad ECU (iluminated - as we swap the ECU before)
3. AFM fault (Who has AFM for me to test?
4. bad timing
5. Coil not stong enough

Great news~!
I finally found the problem! guess what?

After remove the coolant temp sensor, everything seem work fine... install it again... problem happen again...
Now... it is time to replace the coolant temp sensor... lolzz...

Thing seem doesn't relate, but it related...

It is related as BMW will not let you start the car if your coolant temp is high. Engine protection on overheating... computer diagnostic should show the issue...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom