Need Help - F10 523 Recond Jpn Spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crAzyBiMMer

Club Guest
Hello Sifus,

Need some advise on my plan to get a Recond 523 M-Sport Jpn Spec, year 2010 with N52 engine.

Dealer is asking around 215k.

Can someone tell me if it is a good idea and the pros and cons for this model.

Would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Pros:
1) Mileage relatively low compared to UK specs
2) clean interior (partly due to low mileage)
3) less problematic compared to UK specs.. To be fair there are some UK specs with less problems too.
4) less chances of being thrashed by its driver (Japan driving etiquette)

Cons:
1) can only listen to One FM (88.1) because the max frequency is up to 90.0
2) not many cons I can think of actually :p

The radio frequency can be rectified by Bimmer Coder here...

Thanks Thule :)

Sound good... i was just worried if there could be other issues that has to be taken note, like maintenance, parts or even how the dealers can con us :p ...

One more thing that is giving me a mixed feeling is the price .. 215k looks expensive for a model that is about to be replaced in a year +.. ..

pls think carefully bro
as i know some components is different between local spec....

Bro jack, yeah thats why i was wondering... anyone using a japan spec F10.. would be good if they could share their thought also la... actually for now i am back to scouting ... one side gatal with 6 series pulak.. heheh

Any members selling their 6er M-Sport ... year 2010.. let me know also.. :)

My e60 was Japan spec... and I didn't have encountered any major problem with it.
My friend in JB drives a F10 528 Japan spec... he drove me around when I went there last month. He kept on raving on his car... shouldn't have any problem.

if it's n52 then shouldn't be a problem. the only issues you will have is probably the language, GPS and radio frequency. if you ask me, the price is slightly on the high side. with that pricing, better go for a used local 528i M-sport :rock: . Recond cars are usually lower spec models compared to local.

Thanks for all the feedbacks guys, i have decided to wait a bit longer, few months to see if they can reduce the price... cheapest now is 213k for the 2010 full spec japan model...

Bimmer coder can code it to local - I saw their face book, they can even make the GPS back to Malaysia

on final decision to take Japan spec or CKD (used). My main concern is that Japan spec does not have "Dynamic Damper Control" (Comfort Mode), but 2011 CKD has it.
and Jap spec I can get white color easily, but hardly find one with CKD.
Dear sifu, pls help me.......

Well guys, going over to few places to hunt again for the 523 M-Sport, price dropped about 7 - 8k so hoping i can get my UDM soon.. after a long break from my E39 M-Sport ( the best car ever though ) ...

Now the price is around 210k ... for a full spec 2010... Jap spec...

On the other hand, my friend is looking for a E60 525 M-Sport with Black Magnesium, budget aroun 110k, let me know if anyone is thinking to let go... thanks

Hello Mr biMMer,

I have what your friend looking for - E60 525 M-Sport with Black Magnesium.

Year 2007/2010
Spec stated 525 but it came with 3.0 L engine, very rare because it is UK specs
LCI model
Willing to letgo at RM120k and you can take all the carbon fiber accesories.
Thanks

biMMer4LiFe said:
Well guys, going over to few places to hunt again for the 523 M-Sport, price dropped about 7 - 8k so hoping i can get my UDM soon.. after a long break from my E39 M-Sport ( the best car ever though ) ...

Now the price is around 210k ... for a full spec 2010... Jap spec...

On the other hand, my friend is looking for a E60 525 M-Sport with Black Magnesium, budget aroun 110k, let me know if anyone is thinking to let go... thanks

Hi Sweezer,

Thanks for the update, just noticed you joined the club same day as you posted. Do you know anyone from this forum ?

Sorry had to ask...

Do you get your 523 M-Sport? Which car dealer were you going?

I am in Johor and currently looking either 523i or 528i 2010 Jap spec, below RM220k
2010 528i is 3.0L, road tax is very expensive but price below RM200k...

Any sifus deal with Juara Jaya Motor in JB before?
Any suggestion from all the sifus?

Thanks a lot.

I would go for the 528i instead of the 523i. The difference between 2.5 & 3.0 is something like RM1k per year. If you can afford to buy a BMW F10, then RM1k is not a lot. If possible try to get local spec model. Most of the recond cars have tempered mileage.

MikeTan said:
Do you get your 523 M-Sport? Which car dealer were you going?

I am in Johor and currently looking either 523i or 528i 2010 Jap spec, below RM220k
2010 528i is 3.0L, road tax is very expensive but price below RM200k...

Any sifus deal with Juara Jaya Motor in JB before?
Any suggestion from all the sifus?

Thanks a lot.

hi biMMer4LiFe, dont mine if i tumpang your thread as i'm surveying and hunting for same spec of bmw model. F10 523i m-sport year 2010/2011.
i saw a few these few days, and just wondering where to go for to drive the car for reliable computer checking for a unit of year 2010 unreg jap spec 523i F10? location near PJ or klang valley if possible.

i will like to understand more on the maintenance schedule, such as 10k interval service? aircon cabin filter change? aircon service workshop?

i was quoted by the other car salesman saying better buy a Merc as BMW parts is more expensive? anyone can share some experinces?

Thanks for your feedback, gimli.

Any other recommendation, please? if KL have good deal, I don't mind to all the way to KL...

Please...

no worries bro. i found my car from mudah.my. You can also check oto.my & carlist.my. Prices seem to be quite good now. Should have sold my 530d earlier :(.

BTW make sure to double check the manufacturing year. a lot of dealers like to misled buyers. And another thing is the spec, non M sport they will say m sport.

And if possible, try to take the car for inspection. If the dealer refuse, just walk away. Usually what I do is, agree with the price, then take for inspection. once inspection is done, pay deposit.

If you don't know any mechanic in KL, then I suggest going to wearnes. they will charge you about RM2++. Auto bavaria is nearly double.

MikeTan said:
Thanks for your feedback, gimli.

Any other recommendation, please? if KL have good deal, I don't mind to all the way to KL...

Please...

which salesmen told you that?? mercedes salesman!?? price of mercedes & BMW spare parts are mostly similar.

for inspection, wearnes is quite competitive.

not sure about scheduled maintenance, but i usually change when things go wrong :p.

BTW as I mentioned in my previous post, better go for 528i. Initially I was looking for a 525d, but I found a good condition 530d and even though the road tax was higher, I am glad I went for the 530d instead of the 525d.

aliluya said:
hi biMMer4LiFe, dont mine if i tumpang your thread as i'm surveying and hunting for same spec of bmw model. F10 523i m-sport year 2010/2011.
i saw a few these few days, and just wondering where to go for to drive the car for reliable computer checking for a unit of year 2010 unreg jap spec 523i F10? location near PJ or klang valley if possible.

i will like to understand more on the maintenance schedule, such as 10k interval service? aircon cabin filter change? aircon service workshop?

i was quoted by the other car salesman saying better buy a Merc as BMW parts is more expensive? anyone can share some experinces?

Top Bottom