Need help and advice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Well not so much a slight cut - but quite a deep one and then of course you will need to reseal the vent with either metal plate or plastic plate and then dynomatted to seal the gaps.
The other problem surrounds the vent arm that is in the way too. That needs to be removed and either replaced with a modified one or if permanently removed making sure when removed is pointing in the down position (its for the footwell vents) so you still have air going there.
Make sure the 7 inch bezel on offer from that ebayer is best suited to the double unit unit you have in mind. As the 6.5" is better suited to certain types. That website is srctstc's - also that ebayer has his bezel up for sale again at starting price of USD150

I know its himself doing the out bid stupid ebay tactic, i am lazy to meet his bid price so i am going direct. freakin cheats

The plate is no worry cause any HU unit will have to be custom made for the e46 right? even single din.. and dynomatt or those foam epoxy's will hold them in place. I am worried about the cutting of the aircond vents and have asked my installer in kl and advice from members in JB about it.

Actually customization of aircond vents and relocation of aircond controls is not my worries cause there have been many ppl who has done even more extensive work on their ICE..

My main concern is to make my interior appearance to be OEM like and flush looking and thats why i posted here to look for advice and hopefully anybody who has done similiar setups to post pics of their own.. but too bad i only have ocdetective and van answering my queries.. Maybe ocdetective you can guide me to some websites that show the particular setup i want?

Oh yes the HU i am looking at is ALPINE IVA-W200 after extensive research this would be my current choice, maybe anybody can give their recommendations?

Regards

It is all manageable for sure - just not exactly straightforward and I totally agree with you on the OEM look. Remember dont forget you will need the carrier too for rehousing the air con controls. My concern about the 7" DD bezel is that the clearance might be too big for the Alpine W200 in comparison to the 6.5" - I have asked srcstc for his opinion on the matter. BTW have you priced up the W200 yet - I am curious as to price here.
You wont get much feedback here on this matter as we are very much pioneers in Malaysia for E46 if we go ahead with this mod.

Alpine Iva W-200

I think the HU comes with a bracket/holder? to fit the 7" bezel or aftermarket ones? correct me if i am wrong.

W-200 best price i got in KL was RM 5500 not negotiated yet. Wonder how much is it in SG?:D

The W200 does come with a bracket but according to srcstc the 6.5 inch bezel he makes is a better fit than the the 7 inch as its a 6.5 inch screen, anyway I have emailed him for clarification. That guy on ebay only does the 7 inch as far as I know. (Srcstc does 6.5, 7 and a one for computer monitors, all different and for the E46). RM5.5K is expensive when compared to US prices - on ebay for USD800 + shipping (I wondered about SG prices too!).

Hmm you made me think about the ebay bezel now.. will check out Srcstc for his bezel.

RM5500 is the price they open with no discount yet.. you know la malaysian style don't ask they are not gonna give. Sg will be cheaper but am afraid of warranty issues and such but i guess if anything goes wrong with the HU sg is not that far away i guess.. gives a reason to shop around.

Update me please what Srcstc has to say.. thanks

Regards

Mr Samdol,

Try customising it. I will be doing the same set up soon...once I get enogh dough. Try going to OURS Auto Accessory in Taman Megah (facing LDP) - the row behind secret recipe. They are able to fabricate this as they actually advice me to move my air cond unit down.

Call me if you want to visit.

Cheers

Vinson nice to hear we are not alone in venturing down this road! I assume you mean OURS can do the bezel or can they do the entire install?

I checked with both Srcstc and the ebay seller regarding the 7 inch bezel - basically it can be used but there will be a small gap between the bezel and the screen. The 6.5" from Srcstc will give a closer fit but obviously at a higher price.

Top Bottom