Need help and advice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MRsamdol

Club Guest
Below is pics of the setup I want
nav1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
I prefer the setup of the 1st pic where the stock BMW business radio is retained, so that I can still use my MF Steering Wheel. My current installer is quite blur when i show these pics so looks like i have to go some where else. My question for the ICE sifu's out there is. Where to go to do the above? Have been told KK LAU is there anywhere else that does good workmanship and able to fabricate the bracket like the above pics? Has anyone done this before? Prefer 1st hand experience from anyone in this forum so i am not so blur. I drive an e46 with business 6cd changer Thanks....

Anybody? Maybe a place that just sells the bracket for the HU? Klang valley/Johor/Singapore?

Bro,

Are you joining the TT in JB tonite ? If yes, we can catch up there and chat further.

Regards,
VaN.

MRsamdol said:
Anybody? Maybe a place that just sells the bracket for the HU? Klang valley/Johor/Singapore?
That bezel shown in the pictures is hand made by a guy in the states and it costs USD250 plus shipping.
Oh and you can buy an alpine double din and still retain steering wheel control of functions (actually most of the double dins or flip outs allow steering wheel control with an additional attachment).
Is it that you are wanting a double din sized screen (whether flip out or not) for viewing video or looking for something specific like a navigation system?

that looks cool Mr Samdol..

How can i lay my hands on one of those? m geeting a bmw business cd head unit, it'll be great if i can know where & how much one of those costs?

:D

ocdetective said:
That bezel shown in the pictures is hand made by a guy in the states and it costs USD250 plus shipping.
Oh and you can buy an alpine double din and still retain steering wheel control of functions (actually most of the double dins or flip outs allow steering wheel control with an additional attachment).
Is it that you are wanting a double din sized screen (whether flip out or not) for viewing video or looking for something specific like a navigation system?

Bro, if i get an alpine double din touch screen HU I want to still retain the use of my Multi Function Steering Wheel not have an additional attachment.

Actually guys i am not looking for the HU or GPS system i am looking for the bracket itself, ocdetective will look out for the bezel USD250?!! pricey

Thanks for the help

NKTOB said:
that looks cool Mr Samdol..

How can i lay my hands on one of those? m geeting a bmw business cd head unit, it'll be great if i can know where & how much one of those costs?

The one in the first pic is a screen for the GPS very cool right? I think we can put a HU instead of GPS and still retain our business player but the question is whats the point having too many players..

So if i am able to find the bracket/moulding/bezel you want to order one too???

Yellow Mellow,

I got calvin's number he kinda likes to retain original BMW products so its a bit out of my budget la, if i put a setup like his will probably cost excess 30k and the sound quality will still lack.

Van and Johor members,

Thanks for the advice esp to Yap most probably will be doing it in his place.

Nice to meet all the Johor members, hope to catch up with you guys again.

More Pics

More pics of the Bracket/Housing/Bezel/moulding (what is the right term?)

If anybody can point the way thanks..

MRsamdol said:
The one in the first pic is a screen for the GPS very cool right? I think we can put a HU instead of GPS and still retain our business player but the question is whats the point having too many players..

So if i am able to find the bracket/moulding/bezel you want to order one too???

let me know the estimate damages...............m keen though!

Found 1 on ebay and another site its true it costs 250 USD for the bezel + 30 USD for shipping.

For the one that is fitted where the ashtray and the DSC is its mostly fabricated with fibreglass. Anybody knows any good fibre glass fabricators?

Regards

The bezel (that is the correct term) could be made by yourself (as the ones at 250USD are handmade anyway!) and you can buy the necessary resins at ACE hardware in Midvalley Megamall in PJ. However you would need to make a mould of the shape required first plus breathing apparatus! The other thing about installing a double din in the space where HU and air con are is that the AC vents behind need to be cut to accommodate the double din unit plus you need to relocate the AC unit lower down and buy a separate carrier to house it. That costs just over RM200 and can be ordered from AB.
As for my comment about the extra attachment - this attachment allows you to control your new HU from the steering wheel same as at present! Its called a PAC-SWIX or you can use a PAC-SWIALP if you use a Alpine HU.
I will going down this route at some point in the future the thing that is holding me back at present is availability of an attachment from Alpine called a KCA-620M which when linked to the latest Alpine units allows playing and control of USB MP3 players (I have an iRiver not iPod) or even an external USB drive via the screen or steering wheel.

Bro your setup sounds exactly like how i want to setup mine.

PM sent!! hope to hear from you.

Sigh....

I was out bid by somebody from ebay for the double din bezel like the above pics.. i think its a ploy by the seller to put a higher bid on his own product in case he doesn't meet his reserve price...:mad:

Anyways, have contacted the seller and buying straight from him..

Anybody needs one? would gladly buy one first and be reimbursed later..offer only to serious forum members only price is 195 USD inclusive of shipping.

ITEM - BMW e46 7" Double Din Bezel Nav Trim fits all 318i to m3 looks like the above pics would give a clean flush look as bezel is made of plastic not painted.

Interested??

Regards

Is this the one that Srcstc in the US is selling or someone else?
BTW you do know that the AC vents behind where the AC unit currently is will need to be cut away to fit a double din unit.
Also note that there are two type of double din bezel one is 7" and one is 6.5". The 7" is better suited to Avic Z1 or Kenwood DDX6019 whereas the 6.5" is better suited to Alpines such as W200 or Avic D1 or Kenwood DDX7017 and 8017.

ocdetective said:
Is this the one that Srcstc in the US is selling or someone else?
BTW you do know that the AC vents behind where the AC unit currently is will need to be cut away to fit a double din unit.

Yup, have been told some slight modifications of the AC vents is needed maybe a slight cut or pushed in only best case scenario.

Another website i found is

http://www.mybimmer.net/doubledintrim.htm

selling for 250usd + 30usd too expensive won't move on the price, the one i am buying from is cheaper from the pics on ebay looks the same quality as the pics i posted above.

So anybody interested?? 195 USD??

I am doing this as favour to forum members as the price of shipping is usually 27.95 USD but if order more than 1 it will still be 27.95 USD for shipping so that means i will bear the costs of shipping as i have to pay for it anyway so members only have to pay the costs of the bezel.

Top Bottom