Need Advise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aliza5599

Club Guest
Helo GuyI m using 318i...i m having a problem with stering rack " ada bocor sikit " thing evening go a few work shop, to get the avarage cost to fix the problem1st work shop can repair the rack ( REPAIR KIT ) ..and cost 300++ assume RM400 Laaa2nd work shop RM400++ and 3rd work shop RM800++ what ever the above cost is only for repair.....now....actually how much the cost for repair?pls need u guy advise.......

choosing d right workshop is d main thing here, n then only comes d cost of it. this is frm my point of view. can u plz tell us where is ur location n ur preferred workshop location. mayb some of d forumers can help u

hye there bro aliza5599... :canabis: :beer: the first w/shop quoted price seems reasonable enuff to me :rock: it's the going rate here in kinta valley and olso klang valley :35: just my 2 cents :pepsi: :canabis:

tq..i m from puchong.....all the workshop located at puchong too.....btw i m not BRO...i m women...

It is proper is you could introduce yourself in the Newbies Section before you start a Thread or any posting.

did the mech tell you what the actual cause of the 'bocor'???

b4 u decide where to go & what to do, find out what's specifically wrong first. sometime the cost quoted is cheap i.e. repair kit cost & labor, but the job recommended may not necessarily solve your problem

1st of al to all u guy to say sorry coz not intro my self..just call me liza..frm pucong....32 years old.....

regarding the " bocor" the mech said the rack steering rosak.....so ada minyak di situ....so now i m so worried to drive my lovely bm....nanti jem tgh jalan...

wat the best prices..if i change the steering rack......? pls suggest?

im having the same problem...minor leaking on 1 side... only realised when i changed my tie-rods earlier this month... before this there were no signs of leak at all, all the oil was trapped inside the tie-rod boots (cover)...

$300 fr a pepair kit seems to be right... this is unless ur very sure whats the prolem wt ur rack?

i was also qouted $1500 for a re-condition unit wt 6 months warranty....

new rack, $5K region... :eek:

if you havent fixed it, not to forget, top-up power stering fluid regularly.. ie, once a month

emmm yes my mech told me to check regularly the oil.....any thnks......WA SO XPENCIVE ha the steering rack?

aliza5599;415673 said:
emmm yes my mech told me to check regularly the oil.....any thnks......WA SO XPENCIVE ha the steering rack?

I got mine change after 5 years of leak. Just check how much the oil is leaking from the ATF reservoir. it is a small leak then live with it. It is not a life threatening. The only problem faced is your steering feel very stiff and if your ATF oil level is low, you will hear whining sound when you turn the steering to the left or right.

I got a recon steering rack from chop shop for about RM800 for E36. Cost me about extra Rm100 to get it fix plus refill the ATF oil.

BTW welcome to the club. I can see that you are pretty new to the car. Maybe you should come and meet some of us to learn more about your car.

Use the search function to find more information. :listen:

Tq Guy for all information....yes i m really new abt this car..i just buy last 2 month.....b4 using staria..so totally dif xperience.when drive ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE.........

If your steering shaft already wears off then you got no choice but to change the entire rack. RM300++ is about right for a repair kit.

Top Bottom