Need Advise: E39 Engine Vibrate

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BMW2007;449876 said:
Hi, noticed that the car has a bit of vibration when start up the engine in cool temperature. The symptoms disappear after ~1 min engine warmed up. Anything wrong or it si norm? thanks

I had similar problem with my M54 engine too. The vibration was hardly noticeable. There was a slight 'tremor' on the steering wheel. This was pointed out to me by my mechanic. Initially, I thought it was the coil. Later, after he cleaned the spark plugs and throttle body everything was OK.

funfer_fahrer, yes.. it is quite similar with yours.. can you educate where is the throttle body or which part of it to be cleaned? tq

BMW2007;452544 said:
funfer_fahrer, yes.. it is quite similar with yours.. can you educate where is the throttle body or which part of it to be cleaned? tq

262.png

This is the picture of a throttle body in the E39.

114.png

To locate the throttle body, just follow the air intake route and you should be able to see it.

My mecahnic cleaned the inside of the throttle body manually. Alternatively, you can buy throttle body cleaner in a can. I can't remember the name of the product. Accessories shop should have them in stock.

thanks so much for the clearer picture! Hope i can do it DIY.. is the cleaner call mass air flow cleaner? saw it someway in this forum quite sometime ago..

BMW2007;452618 said:
thanks so much for the clearer picture! Hope i can do it DIY.. is the cleaner call mass air flow cleaner? saw it someway in this forum quite sometime ago..

It is underneath the INtake manifold. You will need to remove the whole entire air to get to it intake. But remmember to only spray onto the flap........

Bought the idler valve for RM650 and pressure valve for RM250. The rpm is slightly higher after the change

Top Bottom