need advice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Username

hi guys, after much reading and consideration, i decided to get the e46 model since in reviews, it is so called "legendary"

still cant decide between the 4cylinder and 6 cylinder model.

can sifus here enlighten me between the good and bad of the 4 and 6 cylinder engines? also what is there to look out for when buying one of these gems? thanks!

330i is a must.. At least drive that beast once in your life time..

I'm a Sis, not a bro, Bro..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, always go for 6 cylinders engine.. [emoji6]

I hear the 335i turbo 6 cylinders is the most well-balanced engine to get.

"Legendary" is the inline-6 cylinder engines. Avoid the earlier 4 cylinder ones on the e46 (reads skip 318, 320), go for the ones as advised above

gendong said:
"Legendary" is the inline-6 cylinder engines. Avoid the earlier 4 cylinder ones on the e46 (reads skip 318, 320), go for the ones as advised above
Yes, I second that. Bimmers are known for their straight 6. That's the one to go for. Engine note beat 4-cylinder hands down. Smoothness ... 6 is always smoother than 4.

Fuel consumption wise, 4 is more frugal but it's a small price to pay. There're plenty of 4-cylinder Bimmers going forward and less and less of 6. In the current range of F30 3-series, only the 335i and M3 have 6 cylinders. Buy them and enjoy them before they go extinct.

the engine sounds of i6 engine made me bought an E46 325i last october. it's worth it without any regret.

Agreed..drove 1 of my friend's 4 potter E46..da driving sensation and the engine response was no where near my 6 cylinders E46 (M54B22)..1 thing dat you would definitely love is the growling of the engine..powderful...!!!! :rock:

Shd hear the M54B30 growl.. Even with standard exhaust its just music to your ears..

Indeed AmoiSky sis..cant agree more with u..i've experienced that before..in fact, i was contemplating to acquaire 1 of those beast..
too bad, roadtax will literally kill me..so i had to get my sights out of it.. :shot:

Even the M54b25 sounds rough and tough. Hands too itchy and my Dad and I pooled money and bought a 2001 325 for RM20k.

Salud

Top Bottom