Need advice on tyre size and brand for M Sport spring

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rozaidirazali

Official Member
Guys currently I m using Goodyear 245/40 18 inch rim a bit bumpy ...need some advice from the experts on which type of tyre is highly recommended and what brand. Some advice me to put 235/50 but will it suit m sport spring ? Thanks

Don't know about 50mm thickness but I'm Facing the same problem like yours. I drive outstation a lot and the roads are bumpy and uneven..
I have changed to 245/45/18.. So far so good..

As for myself, I'm now running on Michelin Pilot Sport 3 245/40 R18. Have ditched the RFTs to normal tyres and there is a difference to the ride. Not as bumpy as the RFTs.

Can try to get 245/45/17 rim and tyre , performance wise atmost same as 18" but comfort wise much better. if buy micheline must go pilot super sport , comfy and good grip and of cos much more expensive lor ...

bro algino,
He's using 18" rim la.. How can you offer 17" alternative???
I'm driving 525i M-Sport with stock M-sport spring.. Now on Toyo Proxes 245/45R18 tyres. So far so good.. It didn't screech against the spring nor the mudguard.
The only downside is that thicker tyre makes the rims look SMALLER!!! Personally I can live with that as comfort is more important - I drive fr Pahang to KL and back almost every weekend and believe me, the bumpy and uneven roads are annoying.
All the best!!

Thanks guys...good input so I think I should try 245/45 for R18...currently 245/40 is a bit bumpy and as you said the uneven road especially NS highway is totally annoying. Paying such amount of toll yet still having such road condition...

Top Bottom