Need advice: How to clean/flush rusty fuel tank

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ayek

Club Guest
Hi guys,As title above, appreciate all advice. My E30 tank is quite badly rusted internally. Anybody knows what to do or knows anybody who could do this. Thanks.

you can't clean it.. you need an expert to do it and very dangerous job..

sugguest that you source another tank...

regards.

pussy;327878 said:
you can't clean it.. you need an expert to do it and very dangerous job..

sugguest that you source another tank...

regards.

Thanks Pussy. Yes, that was my first choice too... to find a good one. Thus far been to a few chopshop but to no avail. One shop has it but worst condition with dents.

Anybody has a good spare tank for 325i? (the one with internal pump and two level switches)

Put about 5 marbles and a half a gallon of acidic solvent then shake it till it beats all of the rust out of there then use diesel to flush it out then reinstall and put a full take of fuel in there and in about 300Miles change the fuel filter, if you have to put a new filter after 600 miles you know when you dont need to change your filter, oh ya do you have any pictures of your e30!

kenika65;328462 said:
Put about 5 marbles and a half a gallon of acidic solvent then shake it till it beats all of the rust out of there then use diesel to flush it out then reinstall and put a full take of fuel in there and in about 300Miles change the fuel filter, if you have to put a new filter after 600 miles you know when you dont need to change your filter, oh ya do you have any pictures of your e30!

Thanks for the tips. My E30 is still under restoration/painting. Will post pictures once completed, hopefully in about 2-3 weeks time. Thanks again.

kenika65;328462 said:

Hi,

just a question, the fuel filter is after the fuel pump.. my e28 had a rusted tank, poured a full tank and the rust inside killed my fuel pump.:eek:
will it kill the pump ?

unless there's a better way..

regards

Top Bottom