Need advice - 525i Year 2004 (Japan spec)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Juboy

Club Guest
Hi all,I am a newbie to this forum. I'm from KL and hope to own a UDM soon.I am considering buying a recond 525i year 2004 (Japan specs), registered 2011. Current owner bought the car 2 years ago and seldoms use, clocking total of 20K in mileage over 2 years,with total odometer showing 50K mileage now. I trust the current owner mileage usage but as read from this forum, there is no way of knowing what was the actual mileage when imported from Japan.Need advice from the many sifus here regarding :-1) From the online car sites/ used car dealder, the price range I gathered ranges from RM 110K to RM 140K. What will be a market rate for this car to purchase direct from the owner?2) As it's almost a 9 years old car and assuming that it's reasonably maintained, any major parts (due to wear & tear) causing big $$$ that I need to be aware of ?3) It is using M54 engine. If my budget permits, should I go for a newer car (eg 2006) which will have be N52 engine ? 4) Any other pointers will be much appreciate.Thanks alot.Juboy

Asked if you can take it to wearnes autohaus or ingress to check, read the maintenance thread and list the common issues plus make sure to look for water sign (flood)

Good luck on your search bro

Anaksarawak - thanks for the pointer.

Other sifus, any feedback on the market price for this car ?

Thanks alot.

50k mileage for a 9 years old car may sound abit too low. Do check if the mileage have been tampered with. A diagnosis should be able to verify that number.

An 04/05 Jap specs model ranges from RM110-RM140k, depends on the condition and specs (M-Sport or normal). If your budget permits, do go for the M-Sport model which comes with more goodies and offers better handling.

Do go through the E60 thread to learn further about the M54 vs N52 engine, maintenance costs etc. M54 is known to be a reliable engine which was earlier used in the later batches of E39 and E46.

wingzee;801536 said:
50k mileage for a 9 years old car may sound abit too low. Do check if the mileage have been tampered with. A diagnosis should be able to verify that number.

An 04/05 Jap specs model ranges from RM110-RM140k, depends on the condition and specs (M-Sport or normal). If your budget permits, do go for the M-Sport model which comes with more goodies and offers better handling.

Do go through the E60 thread to learn further about the M54 vs N52 engine, maintenance costs etc. M54 is known to be a reliable engine which was earlier used in the later batches of E39 and E46.

Agree with wingzee.. If your budget permits, go for M-Sport :top:
Please post the photo of the car here so that we can evaluate.. :39:

I'm using 04 525 Japan hi-line, so far so good, bought 2 years ago at 160k, year register 2007. I keep my udm well maintain, add on front & rear cams, change 16 to 18 m5 rims, modify to local fm radio, just no gps and blue-tooth can use, but still can listen to mp3, cd changer working fine and tv too, not too bad. Wear n tears change a lot of pipes, belts, bushes and lower arm, just pay a little more to keep car in perfect condition, do aware of gb and valve body, mine I think got minor slump, but still stubborn to change haha, cos it still can ride so far...

bro,
E60 is a nice car and i always say this...with E60 u'll get rempit and family at the same time....before u decide, may i know whats your budget is.....have u really decide to buy a 2nd hand or a recon car.....with the interest rate different for 2nd hand n recond....sometimes people go for a recon to get a newer car....but recon doesnt give an assuarance New is Better....just my opinion...ps: there is an E60 525 2005 (3.0 lit) asking price RM 85k....i test drived the car....still can't figure out why it is that cheap...

Just been informed that the owner is reconsidering decision to sell the E60 as the owner plan to get another German rides didn't worked out.
As I was considering this E60 mainly knowing the owner took good care of the car, I will have to put my hunt for my 1st UDM on KIV for now.

Thank you all for your input and shall share should the situation changes.

Juboy;802098 said:
Just been informed that the owner is reconsidering decision to sell the E60 as the owner plan to get another German rides didn't worked out.
As I was considering this E60 mainly knowing the owner took good care of the car, I will have to put my hunt for my 1st UDM on KIV for now.

Thank you all for your input and shall share should the situation changes.

Aiya, so sad one....pls don't KIV ur desire to own a udm....a suitable one is waiting for u to own her bro....

Spent the whole day yesterday view and testing E60s. Plenty of em available for sale nowadays. 2008 525i M-Sport used is going about RM18xk before negotiation. Unreg ones are about RM19xk. 2004 525i (M54 engine) is about RM110k. The one that I fell in love with is a 2006 525i M-Sport (N52 engine) which is going about RM16xk. Market price is about RM13xk to RM16xk. 2005 525i (N52) is about RM12xk.

Prices above are before negotiation. Hope that helps. I came across a car yard with at least 10 E60s for sale (different variants) in near Sunway.

SIfu's

I am looking for E60 too...almost booked a car ,2005 Msport,Japan Spec.118k.
But sadly i missed it because some1 else paid the booking fees and it was merely 5 minutes before I arrived for the second time with my doc's at the used car dealer.
Then few of frens was saying,,,hey bro,wy do u wan to get a car now,election is just around the corner,and there might be some new policies to reduce the brand new car prices. This eventually will lower down the used car in market. Sounded good...hope it will happen.

i am also looking for e60..my budget is below 125k..some of friends recommend to pick audi a6 but i am still looking for e60..guys please help me out..i totally no experience on BMW..

Top Bottom