Navigation DVD UK Spec E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bozo

Club Guest
Hello Guys, I was told by a chap at an accessories shop that if u have UK Spec E60, you can just burn a Navi DVD for M'sia and it works perfect. Has anyone tried this? If it works how can I get hold of the DVD. Thanks guys.

bozo;303850 said:
Hello Guys,

I was told by a chap at an accessories shop that if u have UK Spec E60, you can just burn a Navi DVD for M'sia and it works perfect. Has anyone tried this? If it works how can I get hold of the DVD.

Thanks guys.

This actually depends on the hardware that you have on your car...Do you have the single slot HU (M-ASK) with the 6.6" screen (also known as Navigation Business ) or the dual slot (CCC) with 8.8" screen (Navigation Professional)?...it'll definately work if you have the CCC...PM me for more info...

bmw_wmn58;303918 said:
This actually depends on the hardware that you have on your car...Do you have the single slot HU (M-ASK) with the 6.6" screen (also known as Navigation Business ) or the dual slot (CCC) with 8.8" screen (Navigation Professional)?...it'll definately work if you have the CCC...PM me for more info...

Hi 58,

PMed, any assistance much appreciated.

Boz

bozo;303850 said:
Hello Guys,

I was told by a chap at an accessories shop that if u have UK Spec E60, you can just burn a Navi DVD for M'sia and it works perfect. Has anyone tried this? If it works how can I get hold of the DVD.

Thanks guys.

dear bro,

i'm using 525i sport for few weeks, and still learning to use navigation.
i think dvd provided not latest enough...its better to ask anyone who have latest map collection.

my SA told me 2008 DVD just came out. cost rm2xxx. and he told me he tried to make a copy himself but failed wor. so im using my pda phone with latest map instead :(

what if mine is the japan recond unit? can i use those function as mentioned above like uk unit?

chookleng;304207 said:
what if mine is the japan recond unit? can i use those function as mentioned above like uk unit?

No...your navigation is not compatible with Malaysia's Sat Nav DVD...it won't even recognise the DVD due to the different format...besides, now japan spec's don't even use DVD's...they use hard disks drives...

Sorry to dissapoint you...But, if you really want OEM BMW Sat Nav on your car +
EU/MYS Radio frequency +etc..., PM me...i'll help you sort things out. But, it'll cost you a couple of RM's...

No...your navigation is not compatible with Malaysia's Sat Nav DVD...it won't even re

Bro can you help me on that i desperately need to change as mine is japan recon unit

jeff0oi;375267 said:
Bro can you help me on that i desperately need to change as mine is japan recon unit

Bro japan recon you need to change the who ccc cost you a bomb.

wah... so many threads talking about CCC or Sat Nav lately... hahahha!!!
Changing the whole CCC for JApanese spec E60 definitely cost you a bomb... as per discussion, once you change the CCC, you will only lose the TV function... but add the ability to play DVD, MP3 and Sat Nav.
Of course there is another option - upgrade your car's software to at least v28 (the latest right now should be v30 and above) in order to have the "Audio Aux" in your iDrive. This step is important as the sound will be channelled directly to your speaker instead of radio frequency if you don't have the Audio Aux.
Then add Interface, DVD player, Garmin gvn53, reverse camera... like I did! :D I think Garmin's map is easier to view.. by the way, total cost should be around RM7500!!!

Top Bottom