My Latest 'mod'

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The rear...

Note that there is a buckle which can release the harness quickly and stashed away when not in use....

The back portion is now bolted onto the 2 points beneath the rear seat cushion using the existing bolts for the standard rear seat belts.

Fabricated 2 pcs of aluminum L plates and bolted below the seat rails using the 2 rear mounting point for the seat rail.... Need to replace 1 bolt with a longer bolt....

All in all, no modification was made to the car in any way.....

What happens if you need to move the seat fwd or back with the belt buckled up?

Originally posted by 3er@Jan 11 2005, 12:23 AM
What happens if you need to move the seat fwd or back with the belt buckled up?
Basically I don't move the seat when buckled up...
And I cant reach the lever under the thigh support when buckled up anyway.... ;)

Great install. Note jacking points are not constrained in any way. Fabian, this must be worth at least 2 secs in SIC. Now, the seat....

Believe in the past there is a ruling which says it is illegal to use a 4-point harness on public roads (the same with using a roll-cage in a road-going car)... correct if I am wrong. :blink:

Originally posted by flash@Jan 12 2005, 08:36 AM
Believe in the past there is a ruling which says it is illegal to use a 4-point harness on public roads (the same with using a roll-cage in a road-going car)... correct if I am wrong. :blink:
I tried asking around too about this.. but anyway, I don't useit for normaldaily drive... too much restriction or the body, especially when want to reverse...

bro. just a comment based on your photos.
make sure the left and right shoulder straps are placed through the two pillars in the headrest. that way, the belts will keep u in place better. otherwise, you'll get excessive sideways movement in the belts as your body moves.

also, look out for the cheap $10 a pair harness pads that sometimes has the words sabelt on them. best u put these on too to protect your shoulders in case of whiplash. besides, it's more comfy.

cheers!

Originally posted by hitman@Jan 12 2005, 10:44 PM
bro. just a comment based on your photos.
make sure the left and right shoulder straps are placed through the two pillars in the headrest. that way, the belts will keep u in place better. otherwise, you'll get excessive sideways movement in the belts as your body moves.

also, look out for the cheap $10 a pair harness pads that sometimes has the words sabelt on them. best u put these on too to protect your shoulders in case of whiplash. besides, it's more comfy.

cheers!
Thanks for the tips...

Top Bottom