My Heartbreaking Day!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Anthony5785

Club Guest
Just To Share & HELP !!,I was travelling from JB to Singapore as usual everyday, but today is my painful day as i scratch my tyre at the divider at the immigration. Anyone know how to fix it DIY or any recommend tyre shop, i am in JB and KL.....FYI, when driving in to SG or back to JB, PLEASE be very careful, i am not the first and not the last....Many thanks to the divider creator !!

Deuce;658102 said:
Fren, ERAMAJU should able to rectify ur mishap

Bro,

Where is era maju ?? can PM me the address ?.....hey why don't you join us for TT next time ??

Anthony5785;658099 said:
Just To Share & HELP !!,

I was travelling from JB to Singapore as usual everyday, but today is my painful day as i scratch my tyre at the divider at the immigration. Anyone know how to fix it DIY or any recommend tyre shop, i am in JB and KL.....

FYI, when driving in to SG or back to JB, PLEASE be very careful, i am not the first and not the last....Many thanks to the divider creator !!

A bit off luck with your ride Tony. :listen: basically your tyres are ok but your wheels are the one that needs fixing. :4:. If anytime you are back in Kuantan, I will take you to one very good shop here that can fixed your wheels like new. How in JB, I am a bit lost there. Maybe you can halo2 bro JFT or Apiz or even InitialM for assistance. :top:

vinesmaran;658117 said:
era maju loacted at desa jaya, pelangi indah & johor jaya oso bro...

Appreciate the prompt feedback vin. I'm sure Tony will find it useful... :top:

Hi anthony, i feel for you laa..its either fixing or changing the rims bro...u have yr final say...

Just go to tyre shops and ask them to fix it for you :) This can easily be repaired and once done, it looks as good as new.

what's your tyre width and wheels width...seems like your wheels is too wide for the tyre coz otherwise the wheel protector on the tyre would have protect it...

even after u repair the wheel this does not prevent it from happening again...the best is to use proper width tyres and wheels...

t2ribena;658146 said:
what's your tyre width and wheels width...seems like your wheels is too wide for the tyre coz otherwise the wheel protector on the tyre would have protect it...

even after u repair the wheel this does not prevent it from happening again...the best is to use proper width tyres and wheels...

he wanted the poke bro ....or else with the protector the wheels are gonna look huge and bulky

Looking at the photo again, the rim seems to fit a wider tyre? Maybe Anthony can confirm again :)

Depending on how hard you hit the curb, even with the correct width, it offers minimal protection. You will still have those "curb rash", rubber vs concrete?? :4:

A similar incident happened to me a month ago in KL Hilton car park, and it's kinda heartache till now. Now only I know this can be "fixed and looks as good as new", reaaly? This is a great news for me!
Just would like to know any good tyre shop in Melaka that can fix this. Kindly recommend, Thanks.

Eggie86;658101 said:
Ouch bro. Hope you're fine.

Sorry for late reply, Tom Goh just fix my account as i cannot reply the thread...

Thanks!! i am ok....it is over now....

Drer;658382 said:
A similar incident happened to me a month ago in KL Hilton car park, and it's kinda heartache till now. Now only I know this can be "fixed and looks as good as new", reaaly? This is a great news for me!
Just would like to know any good tyre shop in Melaka that can fix this. Kindly recommend, Thanks.

Yes boss, they can patch the rims and re-spray the paint again so everything will look exactly like new as if nothing happened :) Normally if you go to tyre shops, they should be able to help send your rims for the repair.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !! for all your support & suggestion!!.....this incident sure will happen again as the entry point for car in SG custom are very narrow... my wife hit once when she drive my honda city....sigh....maybe i am planning to buy a kancil for commuting.

Actually not our fault. The courseway was built so long ago and roads a small because they don't have big cars back then. They should upgrade the lanes :) haha

indeed... the lanes are very narrow. I have kerbed my Mom's 3 series before and also believe many have done the same.

I dont know why the Sg govt wanted to do this and worst of all, those officials, they dont even warn you and if you kerb the car in front of them, they just ignore it...

I would have warned if I am in their position..

That tells so much about them... small country with small island mentality..

Top Bottom