My first time buying good tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dap_member

Club Guest
Hi to bmw owners.I got a CBU 530 Japan specs. It got Goodyear F1 tyres which is neearly worn out. To me it is not quiet now like when I bought the car last year. I have to pump about 27 psi to get some comfort from them. If not very uncomfortable.This is my first time shoping for performance 17" tyres.I like quiet and comfortable type. I do not want tyres that does badly going on bumps even driving at slow speed. I do not want to scare my elderly parents at the back of my salon car.Any recomendation from bmw owners?from: Terence Goh

dap_member;306306 said:
I have to ... get some comfort

This is my ... time shoping for performance ... tyres.

So, do you want comfort or you want performance ?
If you really want comfort, and find low-speed bumps annoyings, you need to look for 16" or 15" tires.

Both Michelin and Yokohama is pretty famous for making soft tires and they wear out FAST!! ... also look for thread that has small and tiny gaps so it doesn't trap air and create noise like the old Land Rover tyres.. and hey! those thread are prefect for dry road and it will skid the day lights out of you in the wets.. :p

Your money, u decide.. :D

And don't listen to Turbology.. :D use small rims will give u light wheels.. so car more pick up and very jerky.. use bigger diameter wheel like 19" or 20", the power delivery very smooth wan.. apart for paying a little extra for petrol, it makes your car looks cool, your folks will love it.. :D Oh yes, and please down grade both the spring and absorber so less bumpy.. :D

And YES! DAP rocks :rock:

27psi? i think you tires are really underinflated for a set of 17s. the minimum should be 32psi for front and 33psi for back.

Yokohama AVS dB Decibel, Gain quietness without compromising performance OR DNA dB decibel ES501 (i love this tyre)

astroboy;306314 said:
And don't listen to Turbology.. :D use small rims will give u light wheels.. so car more pick up and very jerky.. use bigger diameter wheel like 19" or 20", the power delivery very smooth wan.. apart for paying a little extra for petrol, it makes your car looks cool, your folks will love it.. :D Oh yes, and please down grade both the spring and absorber so less bumpy.. :D

Please dont' confuse him. :cool:

pork chop

Strider;306484 said:
Yokohama AVS dB Decibel, Gain quietness without compromising performance OR DNA dB decibel ES501 (i love this tyre)
:listen:
Hi bro I used that tayar be4. Es501 is quiet stuff but quite slippery in the rain so must drive carefully.

astrodick;306929 said:
Hi bro I used that tayar be4. Es501 is quiet stuff but quite slippery in the rain so must drive carefully.

dap_member;306306 said:
Hi to bmw owners.

I got a CBU 530 Japan specs.

This is my first time shoping for performance 17" tyres.

Any recomendation from bmw owners?

Hi Astrodick & dap_member,

Perhaps an introduction in the newbies section would be appreciated by other members/forumers here?...:)

Cheers :)

astrodick;306929 said:

Ya, you can't win both side. You win some, you loose some. Higher performance, lesser comfort.
But for me, the wet performance of this model is acceptable to my driving style in wet. However, if you want better performance in wet, try the C-Drive. Quite a good tyre i guest.

I vote

Strider;306996 said:
Ya, you can't win both side. You win some, you loose some. Higher performance, lesser comfort.
But for me, the wet performance of this model is acceptable to my driving style in wet. However, if you want better performance in wet, try the C-Drive. Quite a good tyre i guest.

I vote the same.

Yokohama C Drive is actually quite a nice tyre. I think this is better than Bridgestone Gr80 or Michellin MXV8 in the rain. Fairly quiet (quieter than Michellin Pilot preceda 2 for sure) and good grip.

The trouble with very low profile tyres (Michellin pilot sport 2 or Bridgetone 050) is they are prone to rim damage over speed bumps and even small potholes. The only way out is to drive like a snail over this obstacles. Gets annoying for family car after a while.

My 225/45R17 CSC2 RFT so far so good but already pick up some scrub rashes on both front rims left right center lio.. :( Oh Well! blame it on Samy.. luckily haven't upgrade rim... treat the OEM rim as Training Wheels like daughter's bicycle lor.. :D

Looks like using low profile tyres require practices.. :D

gregcwho;306940 said:
Hi Astrodick & dap_member,

Perhaps an introduction in the newbies section would be appreciated by other members/forumers here?...:)

Cheers :)

:listen: Do not buy the following lauyar rubbers: Continental Sport 2, Dunlop D-01, Micheliin PP2, and Silverstone. Noisy shittos!

You want family comfort, then stay away from all the rubbish ultra lowprofiles. Many times peopel laugh at those cars who drive like a tortoise over bumps, etc.

tengbok;309071 said:
:listen: Do not buy the following lauyar rubbers: Continental Sport 2, Dunlop D-01, Micheliin PP2, and Silverstone. Noisy shittos!

You want family comfort, then stay away from all the rubbish ultra lowprofiles. Many times peopel laugh at those cars who drive like a tortoise over bumps, etc.

Also if family comfort is your priority forget the BMW. A Harrier or a Alphard will be good choices. BMWs are more driver oriented and not family oriented hence - selfish cars.

tengbok;309071 said:

Yeah...I like that...I see them from my rear view mirror, keep on laughing..you are still at my rear end.. A speed bumps is for you to slow down your car for safety reason. Those people tak makan nasi ke?

leforte;306455 said:
27psi? i think you tires are really underinflated for a set of 17s. the minimum should be 32psi for front and 33psi for back.

You are right...:top:

Go for 225/45x17 like Bridgestone,Michelin,Pirelli,Continental....all are quite averange depent which model u buy.

Top Bottom