My First Mod

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saat

Club Guest
I know that European law mandates that the rear fog lights are not to be confused with brake lights so that is why many BMs and other European cars come here with only the driver side rear fog light functioning.I hated this cos I keep getting well-meaning friends and relatives alerting me that my rear lights are not functioning. It annoys me cos I see it as an unfinished work.Since my E36, then thru my E39 and E46, I did a simple mod to reactivate the left hand fog light. BMW was kind enough to make the light units with the fog lights intact on the LH light unit.I didn't need to do on the E90s. The Mini has only a single centrally located rear fog light. Cant do this on my Golf cos the other side is used for the reverse light.1hr work and I did it on my E85. Ran a wire from Pin 6 on the RH cluster to Pin 1 on the LH cluster and bob's your uncle. It works.

I might add that I use my rear fogs very often in poor visibility condition during heavy rain instead of being an idiot who switches on the hazzard lights in such a condition.

Top Bottom