my e30 jerking when sudden accelerate

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

datsunnismo

Club Guest
hi all.......!!my e30 m40 (manual) jerking (something like someone pull the car from behind) when i suddenly accelerate. approx when reach 2.4k rpm. and it is greater with A/C on. without A/C i dont feel much. my mech said its might be a engine management prob. my fuel pump making noise also, will it create this prob? Or could it be a AFM, fuel filtre, throttle body or any other sensors?pls advice guys....thanks :)

datsunnismo;363414 said:
hi all.......!!

my e30 m40 (manual) jerking (something like someone pull the car from behind) when i suddenly accelerate. approx when reach 2.4k rpm. and it is greater with A/C on. without A/C i dont feel much. my mech said its might be a engine management prob.

my fuel pump making noise also, will it create this prob? Or could it be a AFM, fuel filtre, throttle body or any other sensors?

pls advice guys....

Can change the fuel filter first since its the cheapest but probably your mech is correct. Is it engine choking? Engine like wanna die but didnt?

bro,check your fuel pump,throtle body,i.c.v & lastly your wire harnnes.i got this problem before lastly i found is wire harnnes cause it.

chairoger;363415 said:
Can change the fuel filter first since its the cheapest but probably your mech is correct. Is it engine choking? Engine like wanna die but didnt?

hi bro, yup can say like the engine wanna die. i'll try to change the fuel filtre. thanks bro.

chili e30;363421 said:
bro,check your fuel pump,throtle body,i.c.v & lastly your wire harnnes.i got this problem before lastly i found is wire harnnes cause it.

Hi bro, how're u? u got the same prob b4? hmmm. did ur car vibrate when u accelerate?

datsunnismo;363431 said:
Hi bro, how're u? u got the same prob b4? hmmm. did ur car vibrate when u accelerate?

my car did not vibrate but jerk,sometime die off when you try to accelerate.the car sometime will accelarate till 2500rpm in nutural gear.the car also will miss fire when you accelerate.

im facing the same problem. at about 3000rpm it will jerk/choke. when it does that i de-accelerate till 2500rpm then it will cruise without hiccups. dunno whats wrong but since mr.chili e30 mentioned about wire harness maybe it's the culprit.

might be fuel supply problem, when u accelerate the fuel doesn't come as fast as it should

Sounds more like yr AFM and throttle body probably need recalibration and adjustments.

check the fuel filter first, then the spark plug, then the HT cable.

If the above don't solve your problem, check the fuel pump, then the vacuum hose, then the AFM..

jimix;363573 said:
im facing the same problem. at about 3000rpm it will jerk/choke. when it does that i de-accelerate till 2500rpm then it will cruise without hiccups. dunno whats wrong but since mr.chili e30 mentioned about wire harness maybe it's the culprit.

bro,is better to ask your mechanic to check your wire harness coz our car is more then 10 year so wire solder point might crack.when i got this problem i change petrol filter,buy 2nd hand throtle body & change,buy icv & change but end up just a little small problem & small $ to settle it.

hi all. many thanks for input.

1st i'll try to change my fuel filtre.

at standing position and neutral, the rev is smooth until 3.5 rpm. i'll jerk once at 3.5k rpm. thats all.
but when driving time its jerking at 2.4k rpm.
And i dont understand why i can feel it much with AC on. hmmm....

hi all......
it seems the problem starts again. I've read somewhere tht bmw engine must be air tight.. noticed some leaking from the valve cover gasket. so, would this contribute to the problem...?

thanks

Hi bro..

try change the distributer as it is one of suspect. normally we change the spark plugs prior to the distributer

Top Bottom