My E30 is DOWN !!!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

KiNaKa

Club Guest
Sifusss & GentleMen,Have anyone tried putting an M20 Manual gear box on M40 engine before ??? Can the propeller shaft fit ???My M40 Auto GearBox is out.... i don wanna spend so much on it because it is really expensive... And i really hate Auto Gearbox very much....I hope i can sort out this problem.... Good Luck to Myself !

the getrag 240 from the 320i can fit the M40.. but u need to double confirm on the bell housing... and since urs is a auto, the shorter prop shaft won't be compatible...

i might have a spare prop shaft kinaka you come take a look at it sometime soon.

So you gearbox confirmed koyak?! Sorry to hear about that dude. Good luck!

So sad your gear box kong out! Wish I can help. If you like to put in a M20 manual gear box, you HAVE to modify and balance the prop shaft. No other choice. You already got a replacement gear box?

Kinaka,
Sorry to hear about ur gearbox. If you gonna convert to manual, why don't you get a M40 manual gearbox. I think there are plenty of it in chopchops.
Also, some time ago, another forummer, Bob, had one for sale. RM500 if I'm not mistaken. Good luck dude.

so sorry to hear this man....had this same experience 4months ago!....hehe...gd luck in finding one....and yes...the long shaft will not fit....get one

Thanks for u guys concern.... have PM bob but no repliy...
Anyway.. i'll just leave the Gearbox as is... Looking for some other engine to put in.... ///M M M.... hehehe

Was wondering are the E36 ///M engine parts similiar to the M50 325i ???
was getting the info day by day....

Originally posted by KiNaKa@May 4 2005, 10:34 AM
hahaha... unless it's an US Spec M3 engine else the parts from the Euro M3 are mostly not similar to the normal M50....
the clutch set alone will cost u RM2000 or was it 3k??

Originally posted by KiNaKa@May 4 2005, 10:34 AM
last time i heard2 oni.. water pump oso cost almost 1K.. :eek:

wah... not bad huh...really expensive... hahaha
but half cut usually have europe spec only wor...

how bout M50 ?? maintenance?

Even E30 M3 parts oso not cheap here... the AFM is RM3k....

the M parts are mostly exclusive to M engines only.. hence the higher price....

oh... i still prefer six potter...i think M50 325i is best choice....
wat say u fab ??

sorry guys i not familiar with the engine mod 1 la.. so would like to know more from u guys... thanks ya anyway....

Originally posted by KiNaKa@May 4 2005, 12:43 PM
oh... i still prefer six potter...i think M50 325i is best choice....
wat say u fab ??

sorry guys i not familiar with the engine mod 1 la.. so would like to know more from u guys... thanks ya anyway....
best person to tok to is Loneranger since he's been there, done that...

Top Bottom