Mulu National Park

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
funfer_fahrer;407236 said:
How big are the pinnacles?

This is a good question. The pinnacles are much bigger than seen on the pictures, I would say they are at least 8-10m high, if not higher. This is usually what surprised those that see the pinnacles in person, the size.

jarance;407166 said:
Look like hard work and fun.

BTW,

flight cost?
Longhouse stay?
Food cost inlcusive of package?
Loonghose got astro, yes but got aircon? hee..hee.
best time to go there? Moonsoon rain?

All costs are per person basis :

Return airfare (KL-Miri) : RM250 approx
Return airfare (Miri-Mulu/Limbang-Miri) : RM270.80

Mulu/Limbang : Airport transfer from Mulu airport to Park HQ (RM7).

Mulu National Park HQ : RM464

Covers the following: 2 nights hostel accommodation at Park HQ. Inclusive of 2 breakfast only, Racer Cave, Deer and Langs Cave, Wind and Clearwater Cave, Longboat one way to Kuala Litut, 2 nights at Camp 5, guides for Pinnacles and Headhunters' Trail, boat to long house and Limbang and park entry fee.

Lunch & dinner is not included. If you don't do the Pinnacles and Headhunters trail of course this will be much cheaper or you can also opt to stay at the more upmarket Royal Mulu Resort (I think RM88++ per person per night).

Certain caves you have the option of taking a boat instead of walking, which of course will cost extra.

Longhouse : RM41
Covers the following: Dinner and B'fast at longhouse, 1 night accommodation at local longhouse.

We killed a few hours in Limbang. Had fastfood, kolo mee, a surprisingly good massage (the non-dodgy type, naturally) and took a plane to Miri later in the afternoon. The flight was actually full, reinforcing that Limbang is not your average border outpost.

Our lovely backpackers lodge in Miri. Clean and very well equipped with a very nice rooftop garden for a group of friends to share stories late into the night (i.e. talk cock sing song).

496160083_cMUm7-M.jpg

The Miri waterfront
496160911_jb4xv-M.jpg

496159766_eZsm8-M.jpg

After all the instant and canned food, this is a welcome piece of toast, a toast to everyone who has seen the pinnacles.

496160499_tqQmE-M.jpg

OSFlanker;407305 said:
This is a good question. The pinnacles are much bigger than seen on the pictures, I would say they are at least 8-10m high, if not higher. This is usually what surprised those that see the pinnacles in person, the size.

My sense of proportion is very bad, I just read that some of the stones are actually 45m high!

Top Bottom