Mountain Biking...anyone?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dvng

Club Guest
Is any Club members into MountainBiking..I have just started the sports and I was just wondering whether someone in the Club is also an enthusiast...so we can go biking....in Kiara..and hopefully show me the ropes..

dvng;236088 said:
Is any Club members into MountainBiking..I have just started the sports and I was just wondering whether someone in the Club is also an enthusiast...so we can go biking....in Kiara..and hopefully show me the ropes..

I was very into mountain-biking until I got married. Used to ride on the week-ends, with fellow kakis, the Bike-Pro gang. They are based at the Bike-Pro Shop in Taman Megah. Think they still cycle during the week-ends. They do both onroad and offroad.

Misssed the Bt Kiara rides. Before the Oenchala Link came up, I could cycle from Bt Kiara and end up either in Kg Penchala or Segambut Dalam, passing pristine jungle, rivers, single tracks, steep downslopes, very technical rides, etc. Now the damn highway cuts across the area. Oh, once had a durian feast in there too.

If you are interested, I can guide you to Bike-Pro.

Maybe I should dust off and oil my mountain bike and start cycling again.

Endo-mendos guys, anyone up to MTB's great!
Now belly as big as steed's rim so bike in store
room for years. Maybe if any kaki keen on buying
a thermo-plastic framed mtb with hi-end fittings,
front suspended?
Testing mart only..........downhill veeee go.......

im into road biking but before this was into mtb...roadbiking is syiok but sometimes boring because of the straight roads...there'll be a merdeka cycle from ipoh to penang on this 31st august till 2nd sept...shud be interesting..

-berq-;236200 said:
im into road biking but before this was into mtb...roadbiking is syiok but sometimes boring because of the straight roads...there'll be a merdeka cycle from ipoh to penang on this 31st august till 2nd sept...shud be interesting..

Hi berg, ever tried the KL - Bentong - KL circuit via the old Gombak road? Did that once on my MTB with std MTB tyres. Farking tired at the end of the day....:burnout:

still want to have kids, so Ill give this a raincheck...:burnout:

hav u checked ka XXX , yours still can produce ka after long lay off?????? yeeeehhhaaaa

flash;236132 said:
I was very into mountain-biking until I got married. Used to ride on the week-ends, with fellow kakis, the Bike-Pro gang. They are based at the Bike-Pro Shop in Taman Megah. Think they still cycle during the week-ends. They do both onroad and offroad.

Misssed the Bt Kiara rides. Before the Oenchala Link came up, I could cycle from Bt Kiara and end up either in Kg Penchala or Segambut Dalam, passing pristine jungle, rivers, single tracks, steep downslopes, very technical rides, etc. Now the damn highway cuts across the area. Oh, once had a durian feast in there too.

If you are interested, I can guide you to Bike-Pro.

Maybe I should dust off and oil my mountain bike and start cycling again.

Yeah i know the guys in BikePro, but only from being a customer there..i was thinking more of exploring Kiara on the not so technical stretch than graduating to the difficult ones..problem is.. i dunno which trail to take and i dun wan to do it alone..

i have an MTB.. but it's mainly used as a transport/ride for my kids for jalan2 around the housing area and to keep me fit when I can't rollerblade.

affan66;236330 said:
i have an MTB.. but it's mainly used as a transport/ride for my kids for jalan2 around the housing area and to keep me fit when I can't rollerblade.

why dont we take it to the hills together with your kids one of these weekends..

Did someone mention biking? :rock:

I used to get my parts from KSH at Tmn Tun, and rode at Kiara and Federal Hills area in KL. Once did a tour around the entire Penang island too, including camping atop Penang Hill and overnight at Muka Head lighthouse.

Btw, FRIM is a good place to ride with some real easy trails... I never quite finished exploring the entire place.

All that seems like absolute yonks ago man. Nowadays, I only ride my local XC trails in the Peak District.

---

affan66;236330 said:

Wah, someone still rollerblading... whoops, forgot, you are very into rollerblading. Too bad, we coul dhave gone rollerblading round the lakeside....:rock:

XXX;236229 said:
still want to have kids, so Ill give this a raincheck...:burnout:

Well, I still managed to make a kiddo and planning another one. You can avoid the "kidless" problem by using a properly designed saddle so that you don't crush your eggs! Oh, ventilation is very important too.

dvng;236318 said:
Yeah i know the guys in BikePro, but only from being a customer there..i was thinking more of exploring Kiara on the not so technical stretch than graduating to the difficult ones..problem is.. i dunno which trail to take and i dun wan to do it alone..

Ha ha, the fun part of mountain-biking is being adventurous and getting lost! I usually cycle alone when I am not with the Bikepro gang. Yeah, it might be dangerous but then I was a risk taker then.:cool:

for some reason, i can skate much longer and farther than cycling. :(
unfortunately, there are no nice skate parks in klang valley

Top Bottom