Motronic and Jetronic

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skar19

Retired
There is no difference between a motronic engine and a jetronic engine, in terms of engine internals. The Intake manifolds, Ecu, Wiring, distribution system and throttle body are different. I may have added an extra item or left out something. please feel free to comment and add information where needed. :D

wrong! wrong! wrong!

jetronics has a distributor thingy at base near oil level sensor- this allows the timing of the ignition, but with motronics, the hole is covered

intake maniflods are the same, except for 2.0/2.3/2.5/2.7, some have longer runs, some smaller, some bigger and longer - biggest is the 525i 1990, but need motronics to dechipher the mechanics for optimum engine management
other thing is some have manual air jet controller, some have extra injector- i did a mod for someone, its on when he full throttle and i can't beat his car!!!!

throttle body depends on type, you will find that local and imported/UK/japan/south african are different but similair
its just the air hoses that runs extra for some that comes with in-built heater, some have extra after and before throttle vaccum nipperls

radiator and hoses and coolant expansion tank differ

airfolw meter and air filter housing different

feel free to add more, im getting rusty oledi......

i have to intake manifold from a jet and motronic, they couldnt fit the the motronic one as it had less hoses running into the manifold so i had to go with my original one.

by the way, the above is refering to b20

does that mean that the mechanic didnt know what he was doing? just want to make things clear about the motronic/jetronic topic

funny, cause i actually fitted a motronic intake manifold into my l-jet system.....

the hoses can be played around with, i used the new ( less hoses) throttle and did some T-junctions here and there, and fitted the advance vaccum from around the manifold

motronics do not use vaccum advance and retard, so that is why there are less hoses.

after i did my conversion, there were many guys who got my help to re-route the hoses, using existing boot and hoses
my mech was a wonder when fitting this in, and i am still using original e30 l-jet and motronic hoses( air and water types)

if you get a chance to see my hose setup, suggest you try to use the motronic intake for better airflow......

hmmm i wanted the the mech to do that, but he said it cant be done, wierd, i was a bit skeptical on his remark though.

he may or may not be familiar with the hose setup especially if he didnt realise before removing

unless you are talking to a bmw mech who can do this with his eyes closed......i mean knows the system in and out , and familiar with vacuum advances and retards and air hoses

but basically once you understand the basic fundamentals of the engine, its a piece of cake...i used to be very very scared of unscrewing stuff from my car......serious......!!!!!

:beaten: banging my head against the wall.... :beaten:

just save the trouble and get the M20B25 halfcut or maybe the M50B25 la...less headache la :( I'm trying to help la..not putting you down. :(

Please believe me la...please.. :beaten:

Originally posted by Zoggee@Jun 13 2005, 10:53 PM
:beaten: banging my head against the wall.... :beaten:

just save the trouble and get the M20B25 halfcut or maybe the M50B25 la...less headache la :( I'm trying to help la..not putting you down. :(

Please believe me la...please.. :beaten:
no money la bro and i understand what you are saying.....just want to learn only. :ph34r:

ok m50b25 .... but headache on the oil pan ?? engine mounting ??? and the very important propeller shaft larrrrrr.... esh !!!

Originally posted by KiNaKa@Jun 14 2005, 10:29 PM
ok m50b25 .... but headache on the oil pan ?? engine mounting ??? and the very important propeller shaft larrrrrr.... esh !!!
Aiyoo.... :angry:
I tot I'm weird..! but Kinaka..I think you better have a reality check la..go..!! go..!! shooo..!!! :angry:

if there's so much headache then dun do anything to ur car la...Keep It Stock lor...no more headache.

*sigh* I'm gonna stop tokin Kok here in this thread becos of you..cheh..!! pordah..!! cipek..!!

no.. no thank you from me here..!!

brother zoggee why would i get angry with you? you are only advising me, in which i am glad you do. thank you ah

ehehe what you see is what you get !!!, hhhmmmm where have i heard that from??? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Zoggee@Jun 15 2005, 12:00 PM
*sigh* I'm gonna stop tokin Kok here in this thread becos of you..cheh..!! pordah..!! cipek..!!

no.. no thank you from me here..!!
Sanji,

He don't mean you.... Its ME....

Zoggee koko,

Jangan lah merajuk... :angry:

Buy you a Green tea in Puchong TT tonight to cool you down... :eek:k: :eek:k:

Top Bottom