Mobil 1 0W-40 Fully Synyhetic Oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

KelvinTeoh

Banned
Anybody experience using Mobil 1 0W-40 Engine Oil,It take me 1 litre per month to refilled after using this Mobil 1 oil.Is it happen to anybody?

Hi,

I am not applying the Mobil brand but i am applying the liqui Molly brand instead. As per your quote, it is normal. To ease ur worry, go in and read.

What i see is Ow 40type oil is performance engine oil and the weakness of applying such engine oil is due to the short engine oil interval change or you need to monitor and top up....which sometimes i am very lazy to do it too...Have you see ur exhaust output ? if not, go see it, smell it and give it a few ram....

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_0W-40.aspx

zulkifli;685169 said:
0W is not suitable for our weather, it is for 0 degree celcius .....

Why u say so ? i am using it and the car feels very light and powerful. However, i am still monitoring the oil level as i am worry it would dried off as quoted by my mechanic.

If u have any others experience, pls kindly share with us then.

I'm on Edge 0w-40.. Engine smooth and quiet but max speed short of 10kph from the reported spec, even in an early morning run with oxygen rich moist cool fresh air to burn..

Dunno about the Mobil 1 0w-40, but for Edge 0w-40, the oil is pretty thick comparing to Powerflow SLX 0w-30 or Torco 5w-30, or even Edge 5w-40. No doubt about the engine protection aspect of it but for it does do justice to my underpowered 4-potter.. No major oil burn issue thus far on my 61k km old N46B20..

I'll stick to 0w-30 anytime in the future if not 5w-30.

The 0W doesn't mean zero Celsius winter. The "w" happened to be a randomly selected lab code to represent morning cool start viscosity. 0w means it can withstand cold temperature better than 5w.

Astroboy,

I am using the Liqui Molly 0W 40...so far so good, but i am still concern and exploring for better engine oil. Any idea of Castrol ??

Anthony5785;685194 said:
Astroboy,

I am using the Liqui Molly 0W 40...so far so good, but i am still concern and exploring for better engine oil. Any idea of Castrol ??

All "Fully Synthetic" base stock is mostly come from the same handful of refineries in the world. Only different brand adds in different additives like detergent or friction modifier. I felt Torco 5w-30 and Castrol Powerflow SLX 0w-30 is a much thinner and lighter oil than my current Castrol Edge 0w-40. Hence my 4-potter is more lively to rev, engine also noisier.

0W oil is to ensures good cold starting and quick circulation in freezing(never here even at genting) temperatures....

Anthony5785;685194 said:
Astroboy,

any engine oil will do LM , castrol , mobil ...0 ka 5 ka 10 ka ....a frequent change will keep your engine healthy ...just like my oil change sometime ago ..NASA GD11 2 bottles RM120 and got it change only after 50 days of using my TOTAL ....then after another 50 days back to TOTAL semi syn ...difference between 2 oil brand is not that significantly felt interms of power, FC , oil burning rate etc etc except for the price tag difference ....RM120 VS RM220 ...

Good discussion here guys....albeit with different personal perception and opinion from the lube perspective... :4: ...

I am trying to get a few Tech/Chemist guy from a respectable/reputable oil company to hold one engagement session with our club members so that we can be well informed of what is 0W/5W/10W and wht not is all about :top:.. I will keep you guys posted soon....

Cheers.

dzuljazz2001;685489 said:
Good discussion here guys....albeit with different personal perception and opinion from the lube perspective... :4: ...

I am trying to get a few Tech/Chemist guy from a respectable/reputable oil company to hold one engagement session with our club members so that we can be well informed of what is 0W/5W/10W and wht not is all about :top:.. I will keep you guys posted soon....

Cheers.

Even better if we can get special price from Petronas..:4:

Just to share, was at Tesco Puchong last Sunday nite and Shell fully synthetic 5W40 going for RM145.

shell helix ultra

ndsolo;691246 said:
Just to share, was at Tesco Puchong last Sunday nite and Shell fully synthetic 5W40 going for RM145.

Is it Shell Helix Ultra 5W40?
I am using it..Is it suitable for BMW E46?

Yes it is bro but promotion no more. Now it's Mobil 1 0W50, but I don't know if that is suitable for E46.
sandcool;693816 said:
Is it Shell Helix Ultra 5W40?
I am using it..Is it suitable for BMW E46?

Top Bottom