Missing Water in water Tank

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Guzzler

Club Guest
Dear Si Fu and Bros,How much water should I lose weekly from water tank to radiator ? Car is year 2007. 1. Before change of water coolant pump (due to fault reading) I was losing 0.2 liter every week and topped up.2. After water pump change lost more water = 0.4/0.6 liter per week. reason was the new water pump more powerful and caused the radiator to leak more water ( leak was not so evident before the change of pump).3. Changed pump and thermostat = still note loss of water around 0.2 to 0.4 liter.Sent back to shop to check for leakage, and nothing detected. Also checked no oil in water or any signs of cylinder head crack ?Please advise what may be possible causes of water loss ( have not been stuck in any traffic jams).Best regards,Guz

How about the radiator and the pipings? Did your mech conduct a pressure test after each part replacement? Suggest checks on the radiator & related pipings.

Yes, pressure test done, a few new pipes were changed. With most parts changed I am told there are two things left to
consider for change.
1. Oil cooler for cooling oil and;
2. Gear oil transmission cooler. Parts look similar made of aluminum ?

Guzzler,

Mind sharing how much it cost u for all those parts replaced?? :top:

Rm1,700 for Electric water pump and thermostat
Rm1,100 for radiator. Inclusive labor charges.

Can you access to your hidden obd menu to monitor your coolant temp? Press the trip meter button for 2 seconds till it show test, release and press till it show 19 then press again till 7, that's your coolant temp. It should be range of 102c-107c any higher say 113c will boil the coolant

Top Bottom