MG NXT Wax

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Fuhrer

Club Guest
Bought some on wednesday.. a bargain!tried it on today.i didn't prep my paint as i clay barred & wax my car not too long ago & its still in good condition.what they say is true in regards to how easy it is to apply the product & buff off.after 2 hrs of slogging. the end result aint that fantastic.if you ask me, its quite similar to my MG Booster wax.yes the colour is more intense n darker.i'll have to see it better in sunlight.i'm quite dissapointed that it did not remove some fine scracthes on my boot area. maybe i need to give it another go.in the end i think you might as well buy the booster wax which is a lot cheaper than this NXT wax..just another marketing gimmick added to their product range...

MG NXT Tech wax contains no abrasives or cleaners. It is purely a synthetic wax with sealing properties. That is why it does not remove fine scratches or swirl marks.

The Booster wax on the other hand does contain a mild cleansing agent but again, with no abrasives.

In order to get the results you need, you will need to go into surface preparation i.e: compounding and polishing.

Claying only removes surface contaminants and not those embedded in the paint's finish. Hope this helps.

If you remember the finish on my car, that was the result of roughly 20 hrs of surface preparation.

If you truly want the finish to 'pop', get a professional to do the surface prep, only then will you be able to realise the benefits of the NXT Tech wax.
Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Jan 28 2005, 10:21 AM
Bought some on wednesday.. a bargain!
tried it on today.
i didn't prep my paint as i clay barred & wax my car not too long ago & its still in good condition.
what they say is true in regards to how easy it is to apply the product & buff off.
after 2 hrs of slogging. the end result aint that fantastic.
if you ask me, its quite similar to my MG Booster wax.
yes the colour is more intense n darker.
i'll have to see it better in sunlight.
i'm quite dissapointed that it did not remove some fine scracthes on my boot area. maybe i need to give it another go.
in the end i think you might as well buy the booster wax which is a lot cheaper than this NXT wax..just another marketing gimmick added to their product range...
Hi Fuhrer,

NXT Booster wax is just what it is, a booster. It's used for in between washes and waxes. In short, it is essentially a light concentrate version of NXT Tech Wax. I'd stick with NXT Tech Wax for a proper wax job.

As for your fine scratches, that can be a very subjective definition. If you're hoping NXT Tech Wax is able to remove moderate to heavy scratches, it wont. While NXT Tech Wax is indeed a cleaner wax, its' effectiveness in this area is limited to light swirls and scratches. What colour was your car to begin with? If it's a dark coloured car then you'd be able to see improvements particularly on neglected surface areas. And yes, sunlight's the best way to scrutinize any detailing product.

Cheers!

saw the car in the sun today. it looks waaay better!! :D
its got a wet soft look to it..really nice.
see if i can grab some pics of it tomorrow.
macdude,
I'm not using the NXT booster wax, just the normal one.
My car colour is diamond schwarz..
thnks for the tips guys...
kev.. u spent 20hrs doing prep work to your paint work? thought you just only spray painted your car? :unsure:

MEin Fuhrer,

Although the car was sprayed recently, after the paint had completely cured(approx 2mths) I sanded the whole car down and re-compunded every surface.

After paint cures, it will experience a percentage of shrinkage as it adapts to the surface contours of your car. As it shrinks, very fine lemon-peel textures will appear on the surface. It was this shrinkage that I spent 20 hrs on............I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but then, anything less would be unacceptable in my books.

Originally posted by kevster30@Jan 30 2005, 09:46 PM
MEin Fuhrer,

Although the car was sprayed recently, after the paint had completely cured(approx 2mths) I sanded the whole car down and re-compunded every surface.

After paint cures, it will experience a percentage of shrinkage as it adapts to the surface contours of your car. As it shrinks, very fine lemon-peel textures will appear on the surface. It was this shrinkage that I spent 20 hrs on............I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but then, anything less would be unacceptable in my books.
That is Mr Perfectionist by my books...

Kevster30 please post some pics la bro...I can't get enuf of your rear spoiler also...

Kev showed off a good job today on my paint. I was very impressed!

(Too bad my ///M spoiler was "spoilt"... due to another reason)

Top Bottom