Member rides in CarDomain

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E34EuroTouring

Club Guest
Hi Guys,After a long time of procastination due to work load, yeah, its a valid excuse, I have finally got some contents in my pages. Have a peek here:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/824698/1More content to come as I will snap more pics and post until I am satisfied with the album. Now its still version 0.9 "draft".Anybody know where I can host video clips in wmv format ?. want to post some...(legit content, self authored), no knock-offs!.Enjoy. :yahoo:

Nice rides bro

Hmm i think we should follow u guys with the bikini girls for track days hehehehe

oh my god, if there were girls dressed( or rather in a state of undress) here at our races or track days,
, we will all be banned just like smoe people want censorship at Astro

Hi Mafia,

The Mparallel is a replica by Alpha rims of Japan. They came in 17in for mine as this was the size I wanted, after spending a fortune in 18inch tires for my old beloved BBS RK 18s (that sold and traded for these). The BBS was very nice looking but a part-time track car is not about looks but about traction.

Now I have these set in my Touring and it does look just designed for it. I am happy and the ride is very nice with new Sach Super Touring shocks installed up front. This touring is one of two manuals in Philippines. There are several E34 540 touring automatics and I doubt if they can outrun this manual with dogleg tranny. I have seen nice E39 540 tourings too.

Only in US and Canada does one get 6-speed although very rare as most would prefer auto there as well.

As for the Bikini girls, that was the Ambi Pure company doing a promo and Bikini contest during a Track Invitational. Was a very big turnout with more than 50 cars on the grid and hundreds of people watching.

I was racing an E39 523 driven by a novice who later had his cooling hose burst at the pits and coolant gushing out like a fountain. Served him right for blocking haphardly on the track. Almost hit him twice, as I tried to late-brake into the corners.

This car has dual alarm. An AutoPage alarm and a GSM phone alarm. So I can double arm it : Autopage chirp first then ring the car and GSM alarm activated. If the alarm triggers. I get an SMS on my phone. I can SMS the car for its alarm status. To disarm, I just ring the number.
:D

there were 70 e34s that were sent to australia known as the e34 540iLE that came with a 6 speed gearbox and full M5 bits on it...

Nice one Frankie!

:D :D :D

btw when u retro-fitted the airbag steering wheel did you also install the sensors to the front of the car..if so where did you install them? just curious..

:D :D

Hi Et5,

The E34 airbag is a bit bigger than the E46 airbag in the rubber edges on the topside. The E46 wheel needs its four rubber stoppers cut with a knife to fit the E34 airbag. The other difference is the slipring that holds the connectors to the steering column. As the spline ring is different shape in E46, the slipring 3 holds for the nut has nowhere to attach!.

So I filed off the plastic edges of the slipring mount holds so that it just cradles the spline ring of the E46 wheel. When pushed flat. it actually secures nicely for rotation to work without screws. This means the single-stage orange airbag connector works fully.
The horn works only when depressing the lower side of the airbag. Its a small scarifice to I have to make. Good thing the hexbolt lines up with the E46 wheel so the airbag can be securely bolted.

No other sensors needed. I am not sure what sensors you are referring to?.
:p

Hi E34ET

Must confess that I am quite technically challenged wrt airbags..just curious to know whether you required installing a sensor in yr engine bay area to trigger the deployment in a collision..or does the airbag deploy only upon its onboard sensor in the steering wheel itself ..if so I also quite itchy to retro-fit one..say if you got one from a chop shop..how would you know whether it would work? yup without actually prematurely triggering it during installation?

TQ for the info :D :D :D :D :D

Hi et5,

Oh... now I know what you are about. Ok, here goes the advice:

If your car does NOT have an airbag from factory, then you cannot MAKE one!. It is not just putting the sensor in there cos where is the control unit etc etc. Dont fool around with intricate safety designs!.

In my case, my original Touring being 95 model has 2 SRS airbags already. My challenge is to retain the airbag functionality but go with the nicer and smaller E46 wheel itself. I certainly wanted to preserve the airbag functionality (since its there originally).

Had the car not have an airbag, then I any airbag wheel will work but the airbag will NOT function. Some people are going for this route just to get the E46 wheel working. I *must* stress that there are some serious mods to the E46 wheel like drilling holes on the wheel aluminium support to ensure it fits. It took me 2 hours with a Bosch drill and several sized drillbits and a powerful sander. It certainly NOT "Plug and Play" mod.

Top Bottom