Master Key cannot manually open car door

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gerald 5

Club Guest
Hai guys and e39 sifu,Just Yesterday, out of curiousity of whether the alarm of my car is working, so try to unlock the car using the car key/s when it was earlier locked by remote, the key fits the key hole well but just can't turn to unlock it, In this case I tried both the master keys. Is this norm? if it is what should I do when the remote is not working one day? Please adviseBy the way, the car is a 2003 e39

Mine one can open by manually even locked by remote..But my car dun have alarm and CKD car..

mine I think is a CKD too, ada alarmkah? no too sure, so I tried the manually open door method. Even after I unlock the car using remote, slot the key into the door's key hole, still can't TURN....What happen lah???
By the way, I bought the car second hand, how to check if it is CBU or CKD?

Gerald 5;301341 said:
Hai guys and e39 sifu,

Just Yesterday, out of curiousity of whether the alarm of my car is working, so try to unlock the car using the car key/s when it was earlier locked by remote, the key fits the key hole well but just can't turn to unlock it, In this case I tried both the master keys. Is this norm? if it is what should I do when the remote is not working one day? Please advise
By the way, the car is a 2003 e39

The key is probably worn.

Try opening the other door, and the boot as well.

Lee36328;301353 said:
The key is probably worn.

Try opening the other door, and the boot as well.

Thanks Lee, there is no other doors with key hole, not even the front passenger side, will try the boot later.
Very unlikely the key is worn as there are 2 master keys to this car, one of the key is not even used before yesterday.
Any possibility that it is been program as such???:stupid:

Got it, it was at the "untuk kegunaan Pejabat" area below all the other spec.
Yup it is a CKD alright...:43: hihi... no hope for cbu no more.
Thanks.

your car probably suffer a bad crash on its right side while in the previous owner;s hand that required a full door replacement. the body shop probably just got a used chopshop door and install the whole thing without even transferring over the original lock set

or on a safer note, you ignition barrel might just have been replaced along with a set of keys. but i think its more of the former

leforte;301361 said:
your car probably suffer a bad crash on its right side while in the previous owner;s hand that required a full door replacement. the body shop probably just got a used chopshop door and install the whole thing without even transferring over the original lock set

or on a safer note, you ignition barrel might just have been replaced along with a set of keys. but i think its more of the former

Like that caseah.....koyak la.
Anyway the ex-owner is a friend, will call him to check...

The ex owner said and gurantee there was no accident before, but was program only the plastic/rubber key can open the door:stupid: blur, will check with my mech and try the plastic key later.

Hi gerald..nice red u got there..chilli or blood??

Normally, ur keys should be able to open the door..it's mind boggling why u cant use both ur keys!!

try spraying WD40 into the lock mechanism, might free up some sludge and grime that causes the problem

johnj;302675 said:
Hi gerald..nice red u got there..chilli or blood??

Normally, ur keys should be able to open the door..it's mind boggling why u cant use both ur keys!!

Thanks, it is a norm super red only bro.

Keys... no time to check it up with my mech yet, anyway had called the ex-owner and he told and assured me that there were no accident of the car before, I don see any reason he should lie.

The lock on the door is electrically connected to the actuators. So when you turn the key in the lock there is no 'rasa' unlike those with mechanical linkages. Cud be a loose or broken wire connection.

willy5;303563 said:
The lock on the door is electrically connected to the actuators. So when you turn the key in the lock there is no 'rasa' unlike those with mechanical linkages. Cud be a loose or broken wire connection.

Thanks to all the sifus advise, went to my mech today and they also have no idea:stupid: , they would need to open the console up to see. Anyway don have the time, so didn't do anything yet..

Willy 5, the key can be slotted in but can't turn at all, it is not "no rasa" situation.

Anyway, any suggestion for a good mech with this type of problem, please advise.
Thankyou in anticipation.

Tried mine (CBU) and works fine, in terms of unlocking, but alarm is still active and trigger the sound when opening the door.

Gerald 5;303841 said:
Thanks to all the sifus advise, went to my mech today and they also have no idea:stupid: , they would need to open the console up to see. Anyway don have the time, so didn't do anything yet..

Willy 5, the key can be slotted in but can't turn at all, it is not "no rasa" situation.

Anyway, any suggestion for a good mech with this type of problem, please advise.
Thankyou in anticipation.

if you cant even turn the key, it means the key and the barrel dont even match. since the previous owner mention its been programed and it can only be open with the plastic key, have you tried the plastic key option?

leforte;303966 said:
if you cant even turn the key, it means the key and the barrel dont even match. since the previous owner mention its been programed and it can only be open with the plastic key, have you tried the plastic key option?

Tried and same result, tak boleh turn. No problem with the boot though. Just to share, I actually ask my friend who use to work in a workshop as "ketuk man" during our kampung days, he confirmed that there was no major accident on the driver side after inspecting the car.:stupid:

Top Bottom