Manual To Auto Conversion

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

adrianyam

Club Guest
Hi all bros, how much does it cost to convert a manual GB 325i to auto GB? And where do you guys recommend for changing it?Thank you.

ha ha ha all the best converting to auto ...

most important is the wiring harness ...that connects to the auto trans ....

Hi bro as per your PM to me, better we converse here so that it's more transparent. The prices below are guesstimates should you wish to source your own parts and are as what I've seen on mudah:

*Auto box with torque converter - about 1000 bux
*Prop shaft aka long shaft - 150 bux (can use your manual shaft but gotta cut shorter and balance)
*Differential - 700 bux (can't use back manual one)

Don't know the costs for the wiring and other cockpit parts. As I'm a parts-noob, other sifus welcome to correct my estimates of costs :).

My own personal advise is to find a swap partner as John_Smith alluded to, or failing that, sell the car! After selling the manual car and getting one with automatic, you might be in the money hehehe!

I just gotta say, you having a manual car to start with makes me delirious with envy :D ! All the best!

stig;637568 said:
I asked him first!!! Hahahaha...

Btw saw your rims in mudah :)

Actually I PM'ed him even before there was reply on this thread. Anyhow no news. Yes my rims on mudah for sale. Hahaha..Looking for new look. See how it goes.

stig;637487 said:
Hi bro as per your PM to me, better we converse here so that it's more transparent. The prices below are guesstimates should you wish to source your own parts and are as what I've seen on mudah:

*Auto box with torque converter - about 1000 bux
*Prop shaft aka long shaft - 150 bux (can use your manual shaft but gotta cut shorter and balance)
*Differential - 700 bux (can't use back manual one)

Don't know the costs for the wiring and other cockpit parts. As I'm a parts-noob, other sifus welcome to correct my estimates of costs :).

My own personal advise is to find a swap partner as John_Smith alluded to, or failing that, sell the car! After selling the manual car and getting one with automatic, you might be in the money hehehe!

I just gotta say, you having a manual car to start with makes me delirious with envy :D ! All the best!

thanks foir the info bro stig. now at least i know roughly how much to spend on converting. give me some time to think it first on converting to all bros out there. thank you...

Usually I hear people converting from auto to manual, not the other way round.

Is your car original manual? You will be needing the gearbox ECU as well. The auto gearshift you can find from chopshops but I'm not sure how much they go for. Propshaft you will need the auto propshaft as the gearbox length is different. Try not to cut and weld la. Auto propshaft can be easily found. Also the pedals.

Basically just do a complete swap with an auto car is the best. Any competent bmw mechanic will know what you need and so on.

also pls be aware of the number of pins in the wiring loom for the autobox connector ...

adrianyam;637267 said:
Hi all bros, how much does it cost to convert a manual GB 325i to auto GB? And where do you guys recommend for changing it?
Thank you.

i got e34 GM auto gearbox..

tq all bros comment. really appreciate with your feedback. now thinking thinking thinking..........................

Top Bottom