manifold crack

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shaff

Club Guest
hii....can anyboby tell me where i can get used manifold exhaust e36 328 seem mine was crack n make a buzzle noise....and how much it will cost.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :106: thank anyway....

Hi Shaff,

I had the same problem with my 325i. Actually, where is the crack? How large is it? I had mine welded and the manifold is as good as new. No problems ever since. You must be experiencing some very high fuel consumption & your car may sound like a motor boat. The welding should not cost too much. Hope this helps.

Is the manifold crack near the connectors of the engine?

My exhaust guy in USJ may be able to help!

Hi all, I know this reply is late but I hope I can contribute my little experience for all E36 owners to learn (as I have learn from your contributions and experiences).

Exhaust manifold cracking is an extremely common problem with all E36 and it's very annoying! Ur car sounds like a motorboat each time u floor the accelerator. Go to a welder and remove the exhaust manifold from the bottom (u need to raise the car on a platform). The leak or crack is usually near the joints connected to the engine and it is usually not visible to the naked eye. In fact, the welder used a small rubber hose to determine and confirm the leak (one end of the hose is placed near the suspected source of leak at the joint and the other end to feel any air pressure caused by the leak). Under 30 minutes and under RM100 and ur car will sound just like new.

I had to live with the motorboat sound for a few months as my mechanic suspected that it was a leaking gasket caused by a broken bolt/screw. Solution was to hoist the engine and drill the broken bolt/screw out. Cost? At least RM1000 (high cost due to labour intensive) and a possible 2weeks hospitalisation! Was about to send my car in until I sought 2nd opinion from another mechanic from Segambut.

Hope this will help some E36 owners...cheers!!

My manifold is cracked too, fixed thou but am looking for a replacement. You guys in Malaysia know where to get RHD manifold for 318iS m42?

I dont want stock so don't tell me go to BMW. :) We are so naughty right!!

SC_IS_SG;387309 said:
My manifold is cracked too, fixed thou but am looking for a replacement. You guys in Malaysia know where to get RHD manifold for 318iS m42?

I dont want stock so don't tell me go to BMW. :) We are so naughty right!!
RHD manifold for 318iS m42?? This can be found.. just need a bit of patience.. Have you checked with Propel in Sg Kadut??

Aiyo propel my super good friends. Like i said bro, not looking for stock ones. :) I am looking for RACE headers. Plenty on ebay and elsewhere, except they dont make them in RHD, all LHD. Have never see one in RHD.

hahaha.. missed that little statement.. Anyway, you can always come over to Subang and have Ah Heng custom make an equal lenght ones for your 318is.. There's enuf room in the E36 engine bay for that..

better not hijack this thread any further..

Where is Subang bro? I'm a typical Sgrean and the furthest i've been in to Malaysia is Malacca. Care to guide me alittle? I could really use new manifolds.

Found the address finally. The workshop is called Kong Sang Exhaust Works and is located opposite Veng Cheong Auto S/B (Spray Paint Shop)

Address: RD 206, JALAN KILANG, PETALING JAYA, PETALING JAYA, 46000 SELANGOR
(The road is behind Toyota's 2nd hand dealer-Top Mark)

PM me for my contact no if you need further directions

Top Bottom