M5 questions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tony5050

Club Guest
Hi guys,Been away from the ///M cars for quite a bit and has been driving other Marques since then. Well thing is... Turning back to own the M5 again soon I hope. With the price they are calling in the market, it sounds more reasonable now, taking the gold plated road surface "road tax' price into consideration... Have visited a few vehicles around town and found these few major differences:1) some with keys and some push start. Which is newer? I believe is the push start but all claiming year 2007??... I doubt it2) some even comes with the M6 rims, well, at least 2 units I saw. Interior with wooden trim~~~:smokin: just wondering if these are normal for imported used vehicles. 3) your advise that you would say before getting an M5 really....Thanks so much guys and looking forward to get back to the bummer drivers soon..cheers!,:rock::rock:

Hey bro, nice to see you here again.

My advice would be to take the vin number and get it check with a dealer or Obermaier. They would be able to tell the original trim/accessories that came with the car, of course the year the car was manufactured.

Cheers

Tony, i spotted one in Section 13 Pj...2007 grey mileage less than 5k. check it out

Hi Albundy,

Sure do

Safri,

Ya, the one in section 13 had it's mileage adjusted according to the sales person. One in Naza too having less then 8k km but sales claimed that genuine

tony5050;600760 said:
Have visited a few vehicles around town and found these few major differences:

1) some with keys and some push start. Which is newer? I believe is the push start but all claiming year 2007??... I doubt it

Yes you are correct, all BMW cars from MY2007 and beyond use push-to-start.

tony5050;600760 said:
2) some even comes with the M6 rims, well, at least 2 units I saw. Interior with wooden trim~~~:smokin: just wondering if these are normal for imported used vehicles.

From my knowledge, the M6 rim is just an additional, does not include in the M5 options. In fact, I've even seen them in the E39 5 Series recently. The interior with the wooden trim is normal, as I've seen them before.

tony5050;600760 said:
3) your advise that you would say before getting an M5 really....

Nothing much to say actually, but the main thing that should be concerned buying an M5 is the road tax price as you know, fuel mileage, the SMG reliability and lastly maintainance...

tony5050;600760 said:
Thanks so much guys and looking forward to get back to the bimmer drivers soon..cheers!,:rock::rock:

Fixed! :wink:

M5power,

Thanks so much for your info bro:rock:

Safri,

440k with one year or max 20k warranty :wink:

Top Bottom