M3 research & repairs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ripthatoff

Club Guest
Hi BMW Club members,I've been thinking of getting a 2009/2010 M3 for quite something. Just doing a little bit of research which i hope i can get your kind assistance with before i start calling up dealers. Based on some online research with Mudah and Oto, cars are between 360k-420k for 09 and 10 cars respectively (please correct me if i'm wrong)Few questions that i would like to ask would be repair costs of parts such as gearbox, engine, absorbers, aircon, electronics etcA few people that i've spoken to discouraged me from getting it due to the fact that BMW esp Ms' are rather prone to problems after 3 years, is that true?Thanks for your kind assistance in advance.Hope to hear some feedbacks soon.

I assume its the E92 M that u are talking about.

I cant comment much on the maintenance, but in my opinion the engine has no problem apart from the Throttle Actuator that needs changing. But i think BMW has rectify the problem.

Mr Samdol....can you shed some light regarding to the E92 M?

Wear and tear problem are common, for example bushing....the bushes can last quite a time depends on your driving.

ripthatoff welcome to the forum! intro yourself a bit in the newbie section so we can get to know you better.

Will this be your first bmw? ///M? Compared with a non M i guess it will be more expensive to maintain especially but if service schedule is up to date then you will find there won't be that many issues. Wear and tear parts on the m3 will need to be replaced after 5-10 years so this can be quite heavy on the pocket so do put aside for any emergency repairs.

My m3 is 5 years old and only big part breakdown was the throttle actuator. Other than that was normal fluids and consumables replacement.

Knock wood!

Test drive a few then you will love it or hate it :)

MRsamdol;804927 said:
ripthatoff welcome to the forum! intro yourself a bit in the newbie section so we can get to know you better.

Will this be your first bmw? ///M? Compared with a non M i guess it will be more expensive to maintain especially but if service schedule is up to date then you will find there won't be that many issues. Wear and tear parts on the m3 will need to be replaced after 5-10 years so this can be quite heavy on the pocket so do put aside for any emergency repairs.

My m3 is 5 years old and only big part breakdown was the throttle actuator. Other than that was normal fluids and consumables replacement.

Knock wood!

Test drive a few then you will love it or hate it :)

eh, why you didn't share on the other 'performance replacement' parts?

those are also 'quite heavy' on the pocket too :)

especially once kena racun! lol!

Halloo..sorry to interrupt..just wanna check is the throttle actuator usually worn out after 60K km? Any specific transmissions? DKG or Manual? Thanking all Sifus in advance..

Top Bottom