Loose xenon headlight, dangling downwards! Yikes!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Sirimusa

Club Guest
Hi everybody,As I was parking my car in the basement parking on my way to the doctor today, I noticed that my headlights were not aligned as the light reflected on the wall. I parked my car, stepped out and noticed to my greatest horror that my passenger xenon headlight has somehow dislocated itself out of its housing and is now pointing downwards. Looking at my car from the front, it looks like a cross-eyed weirdo.Is there a DYI option for this or are our headlights too complex and delicate to handle? I seriously have NO idea how that happened.If it's too delicate, I will just take it to a BMW dealer, but anyone can give me an estimate of how bad this is going to cost and hurt the wallet?Cheers!

mefor22;800680 said:
Mine vibrate when going to rough road.

If ur ride is an e90 and still under warranty, get it fixed fast. Its a bracket issue and should be replaced. They wont fix it until you complain.

mefor22;800680 said:
Mine vibrate when going to rough road.

Seems the headlight auto leveling mechanism caused the tendency for the headlights to vibrate when traversing rough roads especially

Hi all,
After going to get my headlight checked at Wearnes BMW, I got some answers but also more questions:
-as you all may know, our xenon headlights (on e90 LCIs) have horizontal and vertical movement mechanisms as they are self-adjusting and steer. What happened with my headlight is that BMW "thinks" that my vertical mechanism on my passenger xenon is broken and this is why my xenon bulb is severly pointing downwards and stays stuck in this position
-Wearnes did realign the faulty xenon bulb according to legal specifications but I notice that the bulb is now very slowly starting to fall back down. It is already out of alignment and another bump will probably have the bulb fall back in the lowest position

Wearnes told me there are two solutions now: either the mechanism is broken and I would have to change the whole headlight (this will run in the thousands!! Yikes!) or they maybe able to fix the mechanism and there will be no need to change the headlight. But what absolutely puzzles me and angers me is that why did Wearnes not even bother to tell me then if it can be fixed or not???! They aligned the headlight and then told me to come back another time to check again. I mean what the heck!! I don't have time to go back and forth! Since Wearnes had the car, they could keep it for an extra day and let me know: you must change or your must fix! Goodness!

Anyaways, any of you experience this with your xenons? Any solution? Any idea on how much a headlight would cost??! Wearnes had the balls to tell me "in the thousands" but didn't even bother checking!

Cheers!

Level sensor, control Unit, headlight vertical aim control. I dun think u need to change the whole headlight. Probably one of those module problem. Google up and you may find out the price or try Ebay. You might want to highlight those module to Wearnes. Probably they looking for quick fix, hence telling you change the whole headlight. I Ebayed the headline cost approx USD400-500 each.
View attachment 27941View attachment 27942View attachment 27943

Top Bottom