Looking for somewhere to turbocharge or supercharge my car.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

maxxsp

Club Guest
Hi everyone,I'm currently looking for somewhere that i can take my E34 525i (M20) to get it either turbocharged or supercharged. I have looked through the forum but i have only found recommended places for servicing.Has anyone done this to their cars? Any idea on roughly how much this would cost and where it can be done?If you could reply in this thread or PM me it would be great.Any help is appreciated.Thanks in advance.

i guess going the turbo route would be a better choice as it might cost less than getting a supercharger to fit. tuning is your biggest headache, unless you want to use a piggyback or standalone ecu.

how about getting a M50 based engine and take it from there. easier to get the parts and tuning. all the best. do keep us posted.

and if you're car is auto, better get a few auto units on standby :D

mafia;386689 said:
mosselman kit????

How much would this cost and where do i get it?

Thanks

ramsing said:
i guess going the turbo route would be a better choice as it might cost less than getting a supercharger to fit. tuning is your biggest headache, unless you want to use a piggyback or standalone ecu.

how about getting a M50 based engine and take it from there. easier to get the parts and tuning. all the best. do keep us posted.

and if you're car is auto, better get a few auto units on standby

I'm new to this so is there a downside to using a piggyback or standalone unit?

Been thinking about getting the M50, stroking it using US M3 bits so make it the S50 as well. When you say its easier to get the parts, which parts are you talking about? How is tuning easier?

Sorry about the number of questions and thanks for the input!

Car is manual. Never auto for me :D

Do you know of anywhere i can get this done if i do take this turbocharging route?

Thanks very much!

well.... turbo is really fast especially on my 2.5m20... but then its all removed now and thinking of selling it. will let you knw if i wanna sell it. but there is someone who can make the manifolds n stuff.. put on a piggyback n ur sorted. u can even supercharge if u wan!...

mafia;386790 said:
well.... turbo is really fast especially on my 2.5m20... but then its all removed now and thinking of selling it. will let you knw if i wanna sell it. but there is someone who can make the manifolds n stuff.. put on a piggyback n ur sorted. u can even supercharge if u wan!...

I know you're not selling it but how much power will it give? An idea of price?

Just looking around for options as to what i can do.

Thanks for the help

maxxsp;386744 said:
I'm new to this so is there a downside to using a piggyback or standalone unit?

Been thinking about getting the M50, stroking it using US M3 bits so make it the S50 as well. When you say its easier to get the parts, which parts are you talking about? How is tuning easier?

Sorry about the number of questions and thanks for the input!

Car is manual. Never auto for me :D

Do you know of anywhere i can get this done if i do take this turbocharging route?

Thanks very much!

if manual then you're ok for turbo/superc. coz the torque will kill the autobox..especially if u're going the turbo route.

no downside on a piggyback/standalone, only that you're OBD won't work if you're bypassing everything.

getting a M50 and stroking *might* be an easier route. some ppl have the crank, piston n rods for sale in m'sia. otherwise u might have to import it from the states or someplace else. tuning would be easier as they're many tuners around which can tune a M50. might not be in m'sia, but u can get it done in other countries.

cost wise will be steep whichever way u look at it. more thank 10k i would presume either way. for more info, come join one of the regular TT's. there'll be many sifus there to pick their brains.

cheers.

What's your approximate budget? There are some shops that will do a complete tc/sc install for you, last i recall price is around 12k+ including piggyback, but you gotta leave your car for a few weeks or more, depending.

Stroker price can range from way less to way more depending how you go about it.

And even though you have a manual, depending how wild you go you may well end up needing an upgraded clutch, which aren't so easy to come by locally. so that's an extra expense to consider.

try contact our forumer leforte for your sc/tc needs. he is the official ess performance part dealer and installer in malaysia. he has stroker and custom build engines too. :top:

Top Bottom