Looking for E34 525i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ribut

Club Guest
After doing some research, I have decided to own E34. Looking for a good condition auto 525, preferably the 24V. Budget around 35k, cash buyer.Please pm me if you have any "good" one for sale.

welcome to the club.
good choice of car to own!
best of luck mate!

try and pm wolverine or mafia,the e34 sifus! ;)

rgds,
-brad-

auto 525 24v 35k, can find meh???

i know 520 24v manual already sell 38k lo..

Huh,

The searching get tougher... but wit a little patience.. u'will get it! good luck.. ( 4 u n 4 me ) :D

Originally posted by Ribut@Nov 18 2005, 07:53 AM
After doing some research, I have decided to own E34. Looking for a good condition auto 525, preferably the 24V. Budget around 35k, cash buyer.

Please pm me if you have any "good" one for sale.

Mine M20B25 Year 90 at your budget price, want or not? :unsure:

Try to get one with GOOD body condition. Known to rust below the front side of the door just above the sill (at front of front door). Make sure underbody not badly dented and also no "head-on" collision before. Easy to spot the work being done from inside the engine bar looking at the front metal support forward towards the bumper and bunper supports. Ok to have high mileage but if the engine leaks oil seriously, then have it checked out properly.

Poor internals of engine would usually mean rough running engine, irregular idle and loss of low-end torque. A good engine has minimal oil leak (if any) but revs like a motobike and lots of low-end torque and very smooth gear shifting (if auto). For manual, 2nd gear may be hard to engage. There is a design weakness which maybe OK but in bad situations needed costly repair to the tranny!.

Good luck. M20 engine cars are also good. They are strong and very reliable.More reliable than 24V model!. Yes, thats a fact, guys!. If you find a fine example of am M20 car, don't pass it. Buy it! My 89 M20 auto can outrun many 24V cars due to 4.1 diff and lighter car in general. Only my manual touring 24V can catch it at the end of 2nd gear towards the end-line.

Interesting take there on the M20 vs M50. I think if it were a 2 litre M20 then you'd have a seriously hard time catching a 2 litre M50. But 2.5 litre onwards I think there's a chance you could catch a 2.5 litre M50 if you work the gears real hard. But it's an Auto box in your case so I guess that 4:1 diff does the trick.

Mines a 2 litre M50TU mated to a ZF-5 Speed slushbox and drivability is not too bad considering the weight of the car. Feels more responsive than a E36 318i. As for reliability it's been 30,000KM since I got the car and so far it's been regular oilchange, 1 set of regular Bosch plugs, Original air filter, thermostar, waterpump and belts and tensioners and that's about it. Had a bouncing idle issue but changed a brake vacuum hose (diy) and solved it.
Reliable as reliable can be.

Maybe my M20 engined car is a bit tricked out. It has RD Headers, straight-pipe de-cat, custom muffler, head port and polish, Apexi SAFC2, 535 AFM (controlled by Apexi) and large K&N Cone.

A few years ago, it out dragged a manual '95 M50TU to second year only to lose before the redline as the M50 torque kicks in at 3200 (Vanos switch), the guy could not believe it and hoped into my car just to see the engine rev. That 4.1 LSD certainly makes a bit difference in the 2.5 SOHC.

My Touring is single vanos with S310Z manual tranny (same a M3 95/96 gearbox), its dogleg, so furious shifting to 5th easily. I can't wait to put in a nice Z3 2.8 shifter to shorten the shift, but its already slick now considering I had a 5.5 oz chrome shift-knob that is 3/4 inch shorter than stock, plus home-made DSSR (1.2LB) steel rod coupling to bottom shift linkage. I suspect current shift weight is similar to Rouge Engineering SSK with DSSR but my throw is still 35% longer.

MR Ribut
where r u? :eek:
my hand got one JB Tampoi B)
e34 525 24v auto :)
price around that :nyehehe:

pm me back

Master Ribut!

Also have one 525 24V, 1993 model for sale, maroon in colour and in PJ.

PM me for contact no.

Cheers!

Originally posted by pussy@Dec 15 2005, 01:34 PM
also got e34 M20B25 Turbo sale..
I know the car :nyehehe: Very good condition n belong to a mech.....right?????

Top Bottom