Looking for best place to install oilsump gasket..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mika

Club Guest
hi all,i am Looking for best place to install oilsump gasket..any good and reliable workshop to recommend?

Those pics you attached are not for oil sump gasket use but for valve cover gasket replacement.

bmw7833;704637 said:
i think any reputable workshop able to do this bro.

Not necessary as reputable workshops won't allow customers to bring their own parts. It is just like bringing your own vegetables, fish, shark fin & meat to reputable restuarant and ask them to cook for you.

bimmerholic korek,dat wan is vcg.sempoy wan to change.i did 3 time oledi.send to any shop osso ken.

wow u guys are real pros...

i heard when fitting it require a glue of some sort ?

jarance / bimmerholic, bro care to share d DIY?, my oil pan gasket has been sitting collecting dust, kind to advice and share on your easy DIY pls? i m sure many is interested here.

Dont think the oil sump gasket can be DIYed easily. First, you need a special tool to hang the engine from top. Then you need to jack the car high enough to work from bottom. then drop the aluminium subframe. only then the sump can be removed and replaced.

to change the valve cover gasket is simple though, just need a few sockets and an engine sealant paste to seal it properly.

mika;704636 said:
hi all,

i am Looking for best place to install oilsump gasket..any good and reliable workshop to recommend?

wrong question, thats not a oil sump gasket, thats a valve cover gasket. most oil sump gasket is mixture of metal/rubber parts.

Top Bottom