Leaving your F-series for 3 weeks

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vortex_kl

Club Guest
Hi,What do you do if you have to leave your car for 3 weeks? Well... assuming you don't have anybody to start the car every few days so the car's battery won't flat out?TIA.

i have done 2 week , no issue at all , but for security i did disable my boost sensor and comonrail sensor/relay , i think some of you will know why.

I left my E90 for 1.5 months before and my previous E46 2 months in the garage while away on hols. No issues. Dont expect F to be any different.

left my e46 N42 for 3 weeks during trip to UK. no problem at all. car start like normal with just one try.

Did that on F10 a couple of times , 2-3 weeks. Unplug all accessories. It should startup without issues.
I think you should think about the RFTs too.

Thanks guys. So I guess 3 weeks is still ok for the car battery. I actually don't feel comfortable leaving my car keys behind to someone else.

dark1234, how do I disable the boost sensor and the common rail sensor/relay and why? I'm very new with the BMW.

cafee, anything I should know about the RFTs?

Thanks again.

vortex_kl;787509 said:
Thanks guys. So I guess 3 weeks is still ok for the car battery. I actually don't feel comfortable leaving my car keys behind to someone else.

dark1234, how do I disable the boost sensor and the common rail sensor/relay and why? I'm very new with the BMW.

cafee, anything I should know about the RFTs?

Thanks again.

the reason i did that is to prevent my car get stolen when i am not at one ,also why commonrail sensor and boost sensor is because it already connect to my dtuk kit, thus easy to take out , all i did was take out my dtuk unit . ( mine is a diesel ).

vortex_kl;787561 said:
What will happen if I just disconnect the battery altogether?

you may not able to start your car when you come back or start with lots of error in diagnostic.

Thanks dark1234. I actually don't even know what/where the sensors are so better not mess with them.
With regards to removing the battery terminal, I tried that on my previous Toyota Fortuner... had so much problems after reconnecting so I guess a BMW would be similar or even worse.

Top Bottom