LCI E90 alarm system?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alexkhoo

Club Guest
Is it possible to fit an alarm system to the LCI E90s? Apparently they do not come equipped with an alarm system.

if you're willing to pay 6000 ringgit for the installation of the Original Kit at AB for the first year, and some 600 per following year, your car will be super-safe....

there is a bonus, the kit comes with front bonnet open/close sensor (which isn't standard in M'sia).

Ennui78;549897 said:
if you're willing to pay 6000 ringgit for the installation of the Original Kit at AB for the first year, and some 600 per following year, your car will be super-safe....

Yo bro..Hows life! you are like chipsmore la, kejap ada kejap takde..come join us this coming TT :wink:

VKS;549921 said:
Yo bro..Hows life! you are like chipsmore la, kejap ada kejap takde..come join us this coming TT :wink:

Ahaha....I don't get it. Why chipsmore?

Ennui78;549897 said:

That expensive??? What about the cheap alarm system that cost like RM500 or so only?

alexkhoo;549958 said:
That expensive??? What about the cheap alarm system that cost like RM500 or so only?

Don't risk it. Once your wires are cut and tap, it voids your car's warranty. If the installation fried your iDrive, it will cost you more than RM30k to replace it [warranty void].

Our car is safe in the sense that it can't be driven away without your key fob. So only car jack is possible because they need your key fob.

AB is correct. The system we have, while not infallible, is certainly more than a match for the capabilities of car thieves. With price ranges considered, a BMW 320i would be easier to conceal/dispose of than, say..... Toyota's people mover, the Alphard! Yet more Alphards end up reported stolen.

The system currently offered is expensive, but then again, so is added reassurance and peace of mind.

VKS;549921 said:

Am in KL right now......will be heading back to Penang tomorrow. When's the TT session? Would love to come if I'm in town. Arrgh, I miss my car. I haven't seen here in almost a fortnight. Am sure she's coated in dust!!!

Central region monthly Official TT was 2 nites ago in Sunway.. aiseh! why didn't join us? most models turn up were E9x, 2 door to 4 doors, sedan to hatch, 2.0 to 3.0, its a total turn table! :rock:

Ennui78;550062 said:
Am in KL right now......will be heading back to Penang tomorrow. When's the TT session? Would love to come if I'm in town. Arrgh, I miss my car. I haven't seen here in almost a fortnight. Am sure she's coated in dust!!!

Oh my... you mean you leave your car stationary for a fortnight? The tires can develop flat spots. Unless you have car jacked up on 4 stands.

Top Bottom