KW, H&R,Bilstein and Tein adjustable absorber??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by RedEarth@May 11 2006, 12:46 PM
bro daniel,

you have bilstein B8 (yellows) with the eibach springs to sell.....i'm interested coz, i was thinking to change to eibach spring and i'm using 18" now.....i know if i change to adjustable it wont be as comfort as original wan......you sure with your combination of bilstein B8 & eibach spring can be comfortable.....how much are you selling???

:D :D :D
hi,

firstly the B8 is not adjustable.

secondly, the B8 and eibach combination is designed towards the comfort end, not for heavy sprited driving.

price of my setup? cheap cheap only! check ya PM

Originally posted by knyaz@May 11 2006, 02:50 PM
I test drove the A4 with KW's the ride was comfortable and handling excellent. You can opt for variant 2 which will allow you to adjust height and hardness. PM me if you need the contact of the dealer
strange isn't it.

the theories between manufacturers.

Bilstein PSS9 is adjustable for height and rebound where the KW2 is adjustable for height and damping.

To me, adjustables are more trouble than they are worth. The time it takes to get it perfect......

Just get good lowering springs and absorbers and that will do the trick. U will not be asking yourself all the time whether it can be better or not.

Adjustables would be useful only if u intend to track the car frequently as the requirements to adjust handling characteristics of the car are critical. If your car is meant mainly for street use, it definitely is not worth your while to use adjustables. And it is not easily DIY-able.

Originally posted by ichiwan2@May 19 2006, 09:09 PM
To me, adjustables are more trouble than they are worth.  The time it takes to get it perfect......

Just get good lowering springs and absorbers and that will do the trick.  U will not be asking yourself all the time whether it can be better or not. 

Adjustables would be useful only if u intend to track the car frequently as the requirements to adjust handling characteristics of the car are critical.  If your car is meant mainly for street use, it definitely is not worth your while to use adjustables.  And it is not easily DIY-able.
i agree.. unless u track your car every week,adjustables are more of a nuisance than they are worth.you'd have to make countless visits to the workshop to get the setting just right for the kinds of roads u frequent.forget about ride quality cuz at its very best,it'll be too stiff for highway(u'll hate the crests and dips on our highways) use and too soft for really spirited cornering performance.
believe me..i've been there.

there are good ones but those will cost ya a bomb!!!! in the end,is it all worth it?? even if you do track,to what end do you want to sacrafice the comfort of your ride just to tapau that bugger who's been irritating you on the race track? what price money do you get??

i'll stick to sports springs and dampers(Eibach's Pro-kit and Bilstein dampers tops the list)..all done,rates well thought out and no irritating guesswork.for more control,get stiffer swaybars and better bushings..that'll do the trick.

if you're not happy with your current ride height,get Eibach Sportlines..but these will be very low to the detriment of your car's front bumper/lips and bottoms..you'll have to be very careful with speedbumps,multistorey carparks etc.. ouch!!

Originally posted by evisuzuki82@May 8 2006, 11:20 AM
hi,looking to buy adjustable absorber.....which one is better for comfort and ride?thanks
Evisuzuki82,

From your postings, it is clear you merely want to lower your car while maintaining a comfortable ride.

If that's the case, adjustable suspension is an overkill for your requirement.

A simple lowered spring (like Eibach), on a comfortable absorber (like Bilstein black) would be good enough.

Note : the term adjustable does not merely refer to the ride height. Many factors come into play. It is intended for people who are serious about their handling beyond the cosmetic effect of a lowered ride.

Daniel,

Do you still have those stuff, the Bilstein and eilback springs? Pls PM me the price if still unsold, I'm interested.

Top Bottom