KW, H&R,Bilstein and Tein adjustable absorber??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

evisuzuki82

Club Guest
hi,looking to buy adjustable absorber.....which one is better for comfort and ride?thanks

adjustables did you say?

well if you go bilsteins, you only have the option for the PSS9, but please note its only adjustable for height and rebound.

tein, well i i guess the upper range then for adjustables.

KW, variant 1 used ALKO struts and not their actual KW ones, so KW variant 2 would be the way to go. corrent me if i am wrong but i can quite remember is its damping can be adjusted.

H&R cup kit? no idea.

you have also to ask yourself...... what is your budget and if you want adjustables, forget the ride being comfortable.

if you want comfort.... just get the 'biasa' bilstein B8 (yellows) with the eibach springs........ and so it happens i have a set for sale!

thanks eau-rouge and daniel...ehhmmm....actually i've lowered my car using eibach spring but not satisfied with the height...do u think if i'm using bilstein b8,the car will slam summore?fyi,after lowered my car,still 2 finger gap in front and 1.5 on rear....

Hot Bit will be another choice, but I not sure how's the performance. Whish you all the best.

Originally posted by Donald@May 10 2006, 09:09 AM
Hot Bit will be another choice, but I not sure how's the performance. Whish you all the best.
i would never hot-bits, not even with a 10 foot pole.

i am running on eibach coilovers...it is quite comfortable as this set is street spec not track spec...n it has high low adjustable no hard soft.

titan?which made is it?never heard of this brand b4...marco...where do u get ur eibach coilover?btw,tein not good ek?

Originally posted by Marco@May 10 2006, 05:20 PM
i am running on eibach coilovers...it is quite comfortable as this set is street spec not track spec...n it has high low adjustable no hard soft.
they good? what other susp items have you upgraded to?

I personally are on the bilstein equvilient, the PSS (also only adjustable for height betwwen a 15mm to 40mm drop).

Originally posted by evisuzuki82@May 10 2006, 07:37 PM
titan?which made is it?never heard of this brand b4...marco...where do u get ur eibach coilover?btw,tein not good ek?
Currently using TITAN...

TITAN - customize the suspension you want

forget abt pure comfort

TEINS SuperStreet wuld be just nice especially with the EDFC.
Its not too hard and just sweet for daily driving and definitely good stability during corners. Feels really confident.
HOTBITS are pretty okay too. Just that its not really that recognize among those higher end coilovers. You get what you pay for. Price differences between TEINS and HOTBITS are not much i guess..Unless the higher ends like the Teins Flex...but guess its no more in production.
If i had the money think it wuld definitely be the Bilstein PSS9. Just like it... =)
Well...at the end it actually depends all on you. So good luck!

i do have a question, for adjustable coilovers, may it be rebound or damping, hi speed or low speed, i am assuming the window for adjustment is only very little. is this right?

because, if the windown is very large then its not going to help much but actually make the susp setup worse. the spring rate is already set at the manufacturers factory, so is the oil weight or gas pressure. the spring rate should match the pressure/weight inside the shock, which is assumed by the manufacturer to be the best setup for the specified car.

so by playing the rebound or/and damping, won't that mess things up.

imagine cranking the rebound all the way to max, is it small enuff for just a little change or large enough to induce the shock to drop all the way..... i can't recall the term used, but its the result of too much rebound damping where the spring is not able to puch the car back up after the car compresses the shock.

ushhh...sounds like titan is more into performance....ehhmm...i'm refering to tein type basic(adjustable heigh low).....how about koni sport suspension kit(also adjustable heigh low)??

my frenz keep asking me too try his product....eibach coilover but not adjustable...now,my car lowered about 2 finger gap after using eibach spring...

Originally posted by Daniel@May 11 2006, 08:06 AM

imagine cranking the rebound all the way to max, is it small enuff for just a little change or large enough to induce the shock to drop all the way..... i can't recall the term used, but its the result of too much rebound damping where the spring is not able to puch the car back up after the car compresses the shock.
hi daniel,

i'm new here, but i would like to share my experience.

You are right about threshold for adjustment being small, especially for non-professional road use adjustables. But the changes are significant enough to be felt, and alter the behaviour of your car.

rebound damping won't change the length of travel, if thats what you meant by the shock dropping all the way? But it will change how quickly, or slowly it "rebounds" back to the original ride height, whether up or down.

bro daniel,

you have bilstein B8 (yellows) with the eibach springs to sell.....i'm interested coz, i was thinking to change to eibach spring and i'm using 18" now.....i know if i change to adjustable it wont be as comfort as original wan......you sure with your combination of bilstein B8 & eibach spring can be comfortable.....how much are you selling???

:D :D :D

I test drove the A4 with KW's the ride was comfortable and handling excellent. You can opt for variant 2 which will allow you to adjust height and hardness. PM me if you need the contact of the dealer

Top Bottom