KL Traffic Jams

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

romeo_v12

Club Guest
Dudes and Dudets,I work in the KLCC area and everytime it rains, Jalan Pinang and Jalan Bukit Bintang, etc is like a car park.....standstill traffic. Everybody's heading to Jalan Tun Razak heading to PJ, etc. Getting home can be a 1-2 hour ordeal depending on the time one leaves the office. Sitting in my car, I can see the balance kms of fuel just dwindle away and have lost up to 90 km for the mere 14 km trip home (rugi man!) :cry: Other than cooling system, fans, brakes and a/c ware...Im wondering what other repercussions exist on our machines(not gf's ) if we did this on a long term basis....sitting in traffic for 1-2 hours per day!!Next best option is to cabut early from work (might get sacked though) or get a new job in Bangi/Putrajaya and enjoy the daily drive there.Cheers!!

you can consider having a second a japanese car to commute to work. save your UDM for the open road. ;) Daily traffic jam can really take its toll on your engine. just remember to change your oil more frequently and not follow the schedule milage.

wonder what are the adverse effects on the auto tranny? maybe should change your tranny oil soon..

the other thing to do is to wait it out and no better way than to have some beers at HH prices.( i sure thats better for the car.. :p )

Buy/Rent if you can afford an accomodation somewhere nearby KLCC area...but you really need the $$$$$ :)

kl will be the last place in mind when i'm looking for a job one day.definitely

I find the tranny gets a bit cranky (a little undecisive) if I am stuck in a jam for too long in the hot sun. So yea might have to watch out for that to turn its toes to the daisies in daily commutes like that.

Originally posted by romeo_v12@Jul 15 2005, 06:49 PM
Dudes and Dudets,

I work in the KLCC area and everytime it rains, Jalan Pinang and Jalan Bukit Bintang, etc is like a car park.....standstill traffic. Everybody's heading to Jalan Tun Razak heading to PJ, etc.

Getting home can be a 1-2 hour ordeal depending on the time one leaves the office. Sitting in my car, I can see the balance kms of fuel just dwindle away and have lost up to 90 km for the mere 14 km trip home (rugi man!) :cry:

Other than cooling system, fans, brakes and a/c ware...Im wondering what other repercussions exist on our machines(not gf's ) if we did this on a long term basis....sitting in traffic for 1-2 hours per day!!

Next best option is to cabut early from work (might get sacked though) or get a new job in Bangi/Putrajaya and enjoy the daily drive there.

Cheers!!
hey i got best way for your solution !!

AS everyone know that traiffc jam hour is between 5:30pm-7:30pm ?? Is that something that we can change ?? Nope i dun think so if anyone travel around that sure stuck in the jam ?? AM i right to said that ??

I have the best solution for Romeo dun be a lazy bump.. Since you work at KLCC go join Fitness First at level 3 menara Maxis after work straight go workout for an hour, wait till the time not so jam then balik lah... Monthly rm175 can save your time ? petrol ? cooling system, fans, brakes and a/c ware... And the most important is that you can have a healthy lifestyle ?? If u need more info about membership can pm

I get into that jam too (i live and work around the KLCC area). i can feel the car hesitating on accelerations after too long being idle. I would clear the carbon deposits by giving it a good dose of RPM when the opportunity permits. No other detriments to other wear and tear items other than the normal schedules and expectations.

While ZeNeGer had a good suggestion, but I'm sure to most, BMW9700's suggestion will sound better. :p

Park your car at LRT station then take LRT lorrr, can exercise also(walking to the station then the stairs stretching you hand to take the ticket, etc)....heheheh sumore can upah ppl to wash and jaga your car when park over there so after a hard day of work, at least you can see your gleaming UDM waiting for you in the carpark(this moment is the best way 2 relieve your work day stress) clock less mileage also.....LOLX :)

there's an e46 320ci and e39 528i with nice rims always parked at the KJ LRT station during weekdays hhehehe..........

Originally posted by romeo_v12@Jul 15 2005, 10:49 AM
Next best option is to cabut early from work (might get sacked though) or get a new job in Bangi/Putrajaya and enjoy the daily drive there.

Cheers!!
cabut early from work and head towards the nearest pub or cafe for some cold chilled one till 9pm...

working in bangi and putra jaya ... good idea ..

i travel daily from PJ to bangi and it takes me 1/2 to reach my working plot.

... other idea ---- get a KAPCHAI and zoom zoom inbetween the cars and you'll make it home on time .. RM 3 fuel will last you 2 days or more. :D

Originally posted by romeo_v12@Jul 15 2005, 10:49 AM

Cheers!!
cabut early from work and head towards the nearest pub or cafe for some cold chilled one till 9pm...

working in bangi and putra jaya ... good idea ..

i travel daily from PJ to bangi and it takes me 1/2 to reach my working plot.

... other idea ---- get a KAPCHAI and zoom zoom inbetween the cars and you'll make it home on time .. RM 3 fuel will last you 2 days or more. :D

oppsss a guys once told me that ... we work from 9 to 5 and then we should start drinking from 5 to 9 instead... :D To release tension maa :p

I don't mind parking at the LRT (with my Kelisa) if I live far from KL. Save the environment bit.

If only Msia has parking spaces like this. I took this pic at Moi Chit, one of the end stations in the Bangkok Skytrain system. Got two pics (showing the whole span).

iceman..promoting drink driving ah? think its more expensive than fueling up with fuel! :p

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Jul 19 2005, 06:38 AM
iceman..promoting drink driving ah? think its more expensive than fueling up with fuel! :p
no larrrr bro.. not promoting ..... happy hours start from noon till 10 pm.

therefore say if we work from 9 - 5 ... then we should be drinking from 5 - 9 ... and moreover there is no road block during these hours .. :D

Originally posted by affan66@Jul 19 2005, 02:26 PM
If only Msia has parking spaces like this.
You're right affan. More people would be taking the trains.

I just scoot to work...

Top Bottom