kadang kuat kadang tidak

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fssiaw

Club Guest
hi dear all,my car feels like lembik sometimes. i have to floor it to get the response. sometimes press pedal sikit can get the response.i notice after I left the car idle for a while then it will be responsive. I have services not long ago but the mech told everything ok, just change engine oil and filter plus reset. thats why I was asking about ECU map-lah, supercharge-le. dear all, is it my perasan only? anyone with these experience.

me too...my mech said lack of power may caused by O2 sensor less sensitivity.... how true is it?...wait till the faulty sensor happen.. :p

Originally posted by fssiaw@Sep 19 2005, 03:32 AM
hi dear all,

my car feels like lembik sometimes. i have to floor it to get the response. sometimes press pedal sikit can get the response.
i notice after I left the car idle for a while then it will be responsive. I have services not long ago but the mech told everything ok, just change engine oil and filter plus reset.
thats why I was asking about ECU map-lah, supercharge-le.

dear all, is it my perasan only? anyone with these experience.

See .. u never walk alone, brudder .. :yes:

Originally posted by Lionel_Koh@Sep 19 2005, 06:04 AM
Seem all facing same problem.....any solution???? I to got the same problem....

upgrade to 2.5 lorrr .... :nyehehe:

No laaa .. seriously ... I've been living with that for ages ...
Dunno how to cure it ..

yah nla i tot onli my car has it some time at night feels better and during the hot day no power la . yah one after wash car the car feels poderful .

You have the problem what we call a gremlin in your car. In order to get the gremlin to behave, you have to take a big stick and stand in front of your car and threaten to do it bodily harm if it does not behaved. Sometimes, saying out loud while driving like "I am going to sell you away if you don't behave" might just worked.

Seriously, what you are experiencing is the ECU is remapping to your driving habit. if you have been driving quite slow, the ECU is remapped to "fuel saving" mode. Hence when you want power, it did not response to your requirement. Futhermore, when driving slow for a few months, carbon deposit tends to accumulate in the engine. In order to bring the car back to "normal" trying driving agressively for a few days to remap the ECU and also burn off the carbon deposit. Go redline a few times and see what happen.

:eek:k: :eek:k:

Originally posted by jarance@Sep 19 2005, 09:07 PM
You have the problem what we call a gremlin in your car. In order to get the gremlin to behave, you have to take a big stick and stand in front of your car and threaten to do it bodily harm if it does not behaved. Sometimes, saying out loud while driving like "I am going to sell you away if you behave" might just worked.

Seriously, what you are experiencing is the ECU is remapping to your driving habit. if you have been driving quite slow, the ECU is remapped to "fuel saving" mode. Hence when you want power, it did not response to your requirement. Futhermore, when driving slow for a few months, carbon deposit tends to accumulate in the engine. In order to bring the car back to "normal" trying driving agressively for a few days to remap the ECU and also burn off the carbon deposit. Go redline a few times and see what happen.

:eek:k: :eek:k:

:rofl: :rofl:

Waaa .. very powderful racun unker ...
But still .. u r my fren .... :yes:

1 thk that you should check is the Air Mass. If its dodgy than your ECU will be getting wrong signals.

Sometimes it's just the weather lah. It's been raining for the past 2 days in KL and I noticed the engine feels stronger. I also pump Caltex lately and noticed it's got more muscle than Shell.

Originally posted by 535i@Sep 20 2005, 10:16 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

Waaa .. very powderful racun unker ...
But still .. u r my fren .... :yes:
he.. he... giving some advise also kena sound for racuning.. :rofl: :rofl:

yes, you r my fren..

at least not me alone lah. apa itu AIR MASS?

I tot of changing the throttle cable, maybe stuck ke.

:D

There's nothing wrong with your car. Your air sucks in cooler air at night which has higher density and therefore contains more oxygen. The hot air your car takes in during the day is less dense and therefore has less oxygen and therefore less power. That's why performance shops sell cold air intakes.

Originally posted by bmboy@Sep 21 2005, 11:19 PM
There's nothing wrong with your car. Your air sucks in cooler air at night which has higher density and therefore contains more oxygen. The hot air your car takes in during the day is less dense and therefore has less oxygen and therefore less power. That's why performance shops sell cold air intakes.

Not all the time.

I hv used cold-air intake before - the so-called problem is still there ..
I agree with Unker Jarance ..

Top Bottom