Just changed Auto transmission oil and filter pan...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BeemDream

Club Guest
Thought I'd share some experience....My E90 325i just hit 60,000km. I had my auto transmission oil and filter oil pan changed at German Motors in Section 13 PJ.Total cost inclusive of parts, Oil and workmanship came to RM1271.Experience at German Motors was excellent. Extremely helpful service advisor by the name of Wilson. Explained to me from A to Z about the transmission oil change and parts and what needs to be done. Even pulled up pictures of the transmission part on his computer monitor to explain to me.Very professional.Will definately be going back there for routine scheduled service.

Good to hear that... When my car hit 60k... perhaps i'll check the place out as well... Thks for the info

that sounds quite ex...

i just did my 70k km, service for e92 335i at obermaier,jln ipoh for Rm1150, inclusive of

engine oil
transmission oil
coolant top up
brake fluid change
all labour,filters etc

all 4 sets of lugnuts were corroded as well, freddy gave me new set FOC :cool: and got 2 sets of spoon/fork/knive set cos the oil got promo from manufacturer..i gave to my staff

but just to check..whats filter pan?

Ryou;656145 said:

It's the pan that holds the oil. Apparently when we change transmission oil, the pan also have to be changed, lol

Ryou;656145 said:
that sounds quite ex...

i just did my 70k km, service for e92 335i at obermaier,jln ipoh for Rm1150, inclusive of

engine oil
transmission oil
coolant top up
brake fluid change
all labour,filters etc

all 4 sets of lugnuts were corroded as well, freddy gave me new set FOC :cool: and got 2 sets of spoon/fork/knive set cos the oil got promo from manufacturer..i gave to my staff

May I know what kind of engine oil do they use

On top of that.. what kind of auto transmission fluid do they use... => BMW oil?

SapphireBlack;656175 said:
May I know what kind of engine oil do they use

On top of that.. what kind of auto transmission fluid do they use... => BMW oil?

Recommended is ZF 6HP. :4:

LiteBulb;656170 said:
change the pan? not clean and reuse ah?

I asked my mechanic and he says cannot. The ATF pan must be changed during service. I'm not sure if it applies to all models but I believe the latest ones like E60, E90 would be so.

aoch88;656184 said:
I asked my mechanic and he says cannot. The ATF pan must be changed during service. I'm not sure if it applies to all models but I believe the latest ones like E60, E90 would be so.

Which workshop you go to bro?

LiteBulb;656170 said:
change the pan? not clean and reuse ah?

You have the change the transmission filter with the oil change but the filter comes built in with the Pan as 1 set...that item cost RM four hundred plus.

Ryou;656145 said:
that sounds quite ex...

engine oil
transmission oil
coolant top up
brake fluid change
all labour,filters etc

Yup, that's cheap but I chose German Motors because they are near my office. So the guy drove me to my office and then fetched me when the car was done. So that bit of extra service was included plus a car wash.

they are quite a professional setup almost like AB...

The filter pan is the pan with the built in filter as one set. You need to change the filter and the pan as a set for E90.

BeemDream;656319 said:
You have the change the transmission filter with the oil change but the filter comes built in with the Pan as 1 set...that item cost RM four hundred plus.

They really charge you quite a bit for the pan IMHO :) If I remember correctly it should cost less than RM400.

changed my trans oil and differential oil at 40000km but didn't change oil pan filter.

any details on the work done ...etc what type of fluid is being used for ATF , engine oil .... how did they do the ATF change ...start the engine to drain out the remaining oil etc etc ...

all i see is price and workshops recormendation flying here and there ...but no proper details to explain about the process of changing the fluids ....

dzuljazz2001;656182 said:
Recommended is ZF 6HP. :4:

ha ha ha ya still remember what was the colour of the ZF 6HP ATF label ?? BLUE OR YELLOW ??? lets see if your memory is still working faster then the twin siput ...

aoch88;656184 said:

Bro,

Careful, the pan got Taiwan made one. How to identify it ? look at the quality and workman ship. In JB at Jack's workshop, we had compare the taiwan made and german...big diffrent!!...

the taiwan made one is only cost rm 800 but the real one i forget...

Same car same place. RM2500 - Liqui moly 5w30, LM ceratec, transmission fluid, tranny pan, spark plugs & some other stuff as well. No free gifts to give to my staffs. Haha. but anyways the car feels much better.

Ryou;656145 said:
that sounds quite ex...

engine oil
transmission oil
coolant top up
brake fluid change
all labour,filters etc

Top Bottom