jpj help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rao328

Club Guest
here are some questions, im currently in new zealand and want to bring my e36 back,,the prob is, im going to get an aftermarket ecu and there are gona be some modifications on the car, some of the mods are:turbo kits, ecu, exhaust system and by the time all of this are done, im estimating that the car will be doing 500+ bhp, will i be able to get it into malaysia? or will it be illegal?thanks any loopholes would be great :wink:

is it legal? heard changing the ecu is illegal thats why i wanted to clarify this matter...

Who told you la bro. If changing ECU is illegal than i think half of the cars in the country will be illegal.

just a question.. what is your present engine HP? 500Hp is alot difference from the standard stock engine..

some smart guy told me so, i believed him as we were talking about malaysia..haha...
thats great info man.. thanks alot

at present im only doing, about 235-245 bhp, after changing the cams to a s52d unit, a custom exhaust system with a ss muffler and a m50 manifold.. other mods are small gains like the filter and all..
changing all this as the car is getting ready for a turbo installed next year.. only after that it will be doing 500+bhp
the mechanic siad that after all is dont, he is very sure it will be doing about 650 bhp, but im not going to take his word until everything is done

redbaron;240562 said:
Is this guy from malaysia bro.

yup the guy i spoke to is from malaysia.. maybe he did not know what he was talking about..hehe

very malu fro malaysia and dont know what he is talking. This are the people who is out there and giving wrong info about his own country. Do you know the procedear to bring back this car bro.

seriously i have no clue, it would be great if one of u guys could point me in some directions..

i just got the car and planing to bring it back in 1 year's time.. been under my name now for only a few months

The car has to be under yr name for more than 1 year than you can bring it back under personal ap which mean you can only sell this car here in malaysia after 5 years. You have to pay duty base on the purchase price plus between 80-120%. Go to the malaysian embassy in NZ and apply for your ap there. That was the way my friend brought back from NZ bro. What ever it is you must get your ap before you put your car on to the ship bro.

thats great info man... thanks alot, will go to the high com soon, and check out more on it, just wondering, how much are the e36's 328 in malaysia, if its a manual will the price be higher?

price for a e36 328i is about 40k year 96'

however yours is a manual, so it will be priceless... all here is auto..

regards.

Top Bottom